Sponsored

For Gods Sake!

ANdyoz

Top Member
My home phone stopped allowing me to make outgoing calls last week.

Rang BT today and have just found out that I was transferred to another provider in Nov 2006. Therefore, EzeeDSL has managed to somehow hijack my voice calls as well as Broadband WITHOUT EVER TELLING ME....

And because I still owe EzeeDSL money for the balance of my 12 month broadband contract, they have cut my outgoing calls off.

The thing is, I never agreed for them to be my phone provider, only signed up to broadband!

What other crap tricks are these guys going to pull...

Where do I stand legally on this as I am waiting for their solicitors letter demanding payment of my 12 month balance. I really don't have time to read their bloody 20 page T&C's....this is absurd and surely illegal.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Cant you ring BT and ask to go back to them? They should then make all the arrangements to take over your voice line again, it shouldn't matter what the other guys say you owe them...

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
If you didnt give them permission to take over the calls part of your line then I would go to OFCOM and copmplain also instruct BT to regain control of your line telling them you never gave permission for this to happen.

OFCOM are aware of this i have heard they are starting an investigation into it.

ANdyoz

Top Member
Thanks,

Yes, BT will be taking me back within two weeks. The girl I spoke to at BT was looking at my account on the screen and started by saying "...hang on, there's something funny here!". How many times have I heard that when talking to BT about my BB connection.

She said that they placed TWO orders on the same day to move my voice calls away from BT. She basically suggested that the person placing the order didn't know what the frig they were doing...sound familiar?

I assume this is illegal without my approval. Do I have something to bash ZzzzDSL with when they come looking for their 12 month contract payment.

They really have gone too far now!

ANdyoz

Top Member
p.s. Haven't been here for a while...I see BISCIT has finally gone bust...shocked :eek:

Not really.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
I assume this is illegal without my approval. Do I have something to bash ZzzzDSL with when they come looking for their 12 month contract payment.

Inconvenience caused by unauthorised disruption of your phone service. You had to use payphones and mobiles, which cost you a small fortune...

:shrug:

ANdyoz

Top Member
Why do I get the feeling that I have no control over what companies want to do with my phoneline. Aren't there checks in place to stop this.

If I rang my business this way, I'd have a few fellas knocking on my door wanting to blow my legs off within a month!

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
It might be just me, but i cant see anything on EzeeDSL's site that says that they even operate a telephone service. So who have you been paying line rental and call charges too all this time?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Inconvenience caused by unauthorised disruption of your phone service. You had to use payphones and mobiles, which cost you a small fortune...

:shrug:

If you use the line for business purposes there's also the loss of income from customers trying to reach you to consider.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
She said that they placed TWO orders on the same day to move my voice calls away from BT. She basically suggested that the person placing the order didn't know what the frig they were doing...sound familiar?

Did BT confirm it was Sleezey?

ANdyoz

Top Member
The request to change my voice provider (the BT girl called it a "provide" request I think) said that it occured on 30 Nov 2007.

I went over to EzeeDSL on 15 Nov so it occurred when I was with them.

Te girl at BT also said the initials "CPS" were referrenced against the two order requests on the 30 Nov 2007.

Apologies for the scant information. Every time I have rung BT on this and other issues, I always seem the get the "...hang on, there's something not right here" response. The alot of mumbling and imprecise information.

Should it really be this hard to get to the bottom of this in the so called "information age!?

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Its just confusing, because as far as I know EzeeDSL are not a voice provider, did you still pay BT for your phone calls and line rental?

ANdyoz

Top Member
Its just confusing, because as far as I know EzeeDSL are not a voice provider, did you still pay BT for your phone calls and line rental?

Paid BT for only line rental since end of Nov. There were no call costs but we didn't actually notice as it's paid by Direct Debit.

Girl at BT also said there was another "provide" request in June 2006 but couldn't say anything more. That one didn't go through obviously as we have definitely been paying BT for calls between June and Nov 2006.

ANdyoz

Top Member
Also, in 2005 when I was with V21, we did transfer to their "Home Call" voice service for 3 months. That was cancelled mid-2005 and we have the paperwork to show that. There has been no such paperwork with whatever has happended here.

I really wish I was retired or something and had time on my hands to take these guys to task...they need sorting out fast!

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
So EzeeDSL, who are not a voice provider, have somehow managed to take over your voice service, even though you paid line rental to BT, and are now holding it hostage until you pay up?

This could only happen in the UK. :laugh:

Whats next, Sky switching off my gas because I didnt pay for my Box Office movies?

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
The "CPS" BT talked about is probably Carrier Pre-Selection, this could be from any voice service provider actually and may not have anything to with EzeeDSL. It just means a third party is taking over the voice service.

Did Biscit do a voice service? You may be right...

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Biscit did do Voice aswell so you need to ask BT to take you back which might explain the no outgoing calls as all biscuit customers caught in this ended up with just incoming calls.

ANdyoz

Top Member
BT have my request to go back to them.

Will probably never get to the bottom of it but will be asking EzeeDSL for an explanation when (if) they contact me. At least they can't dispute BT's records on this one.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERFALL21
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERFALL21
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3569)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1940)
  4. Building Digital UK (1929)
  5. FTTC (1888)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1693)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1480)
  9. Statistics (1410)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1172)
  14. Wireless Internet (1162)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (835)
  18. 5G (772)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules