Sponsored

For Once, AOL is doing good

drvixx

Well, for me that is... ive been an AOL customer for 8 years now and there service was alot better when dial-up was the only thing going!

Over the years with broadband AOL have messed me around etc, but ive got used too it.

Anyway, ive been on AOL silver for ages, and i kept getting annoyed at that poor excuse for a usb modem always sucking to much power from my usb hub and confusing windows and giving me the blue screen-o-death!

So i rang them up a week ago and said i wanted a wireless router! And i wanted to pay less, as i was paying 16.99, so im now on that new wireless package, and it seems to be ok!

The router arrived today, only probs was after i set up the wireless security, it logged me out of the control panel and demanded login details, and guess what... non of the standard 'admin' or 'password' ones work! AOL said i had to ring the speedtouch help desk, but there currently doing staff training so wont answer the phone, lol.

Anyway, to my speeds... my line is rated at 2mb... and ive never really had a cap on my speeds... before it was this...

And now with the new router it is this...

now this...

Which is crazy, as a BT engineer told me earlier this year that my line is only rated at 2mb.

But all my downloading is super fast now, its amazing... i have no idea what’s happened?!?!

curtis

Top Member
Don't speak too soon as the bubble has yet to burst?:nod: wait a few days to see if your speeds stay like they are now!!;)

paul_popma

Well if you thought, AOL is doing good, this may be an eye opener. I did create a new post for that but here again am attaching one of my ex-tutor's post about AOL. It's really funny to see how terribly AOL screwed up...

http://pauravshukla.blogspot.com/

Take a look and read through. You will realise how crap it is.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • Post Office £20.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £21.95
    Avg. Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2620)
  2. FTTP (2411)
  3. FTTC (1713)
  4. Building Digital UK (1649)
  5. Politics (1513)
  6. Openreach (1488)
  7. Business (1305)
  8. FTTH (1200)
  9. Statistics (1141)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1106)
  11. Fibre Optic (1010)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (962)
  13. 4G (955)
  14. Wireless Internet (953)
  15. Virgin Media (912)
  16. EE (632)
  17. Sky Broadband (625)
  18. TalkTalk (609)
  19. Vodafone (577)
  20. 3G (433)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules