Sponsored

For your Information

this was posted in our system status yesterday but i thought i'd add it on here for any users who haven't see it.

29/02/08 - Network Maintainance
Our network support team will be conducting required maintainance and upgrades to various aspects of our network and authentication servers throughout Friday the 29th February; although every effort will be taken to ensure disruption to customers is kept to an absolute minimum this will likely affect customers and their ability to connect or access email intermittently throughout the day.

We apologize in advance to any customer who may be affected by this work.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
this was posted in our system status yesterday but i thought i'd add it on here for any users who haven't see it.

29/02/08 - Network Maintainance
Our network support team will be conducting required maintainance and upgrades to various aspects of our network and authentication servers throughout Friday the 29th February; although every effort will be taken to ensure disruption to customers is kept to an absolute minimum this will likely affect customers and their ability to connect or access email intermittently throughout the day.

We apologize in advance to any customer who may be affected by this work.
Worth posting here actually; since the work that is being done may stop customers seeing the Fast4 website later on today.

There is a system status telephone line also available on 0871 424 1101 - I updated that this morning to advise that there might be issues later today and once the work has all been completed, that line will be updated again to advise customers.

Capped4

Pro Member
Thanks, Paul & fas4support - Explains why I can't get into the site to log a ticket, and probably the connection problem that prompted the ticket, too.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Everything should be sorted now by the way; dialup customers who can connect but can't browse should also be fine but they'll need to drop their connection and reconnect to browse correctly.

Server IP addresses have now changed; if you've set your connections to obtain a certain DNS server address or have specified the mail server addresses as an IP address in your mail software for example, you may have problems still - change your setup to obtain these details automatically (or enter the correct named mail server address into your mail software if you've currently set that to an IP address) and all customers should be fine.

DanielF50

Casual Member
Mine arent sorted, been trying to connect since 3 and still cant, reset my router and everything, im on a friends pc...

I cant even login to the site with my username@fast4.adslco.com login.

Whats going on? Im not even ment to be cut off until the middle of march.

Daniel

Something Else

Casual Member
I haven't been able to connect at all since Friday. The last time I tried was Sunday night, but I don't see why it would be any different now. I keep getting "CHAP Authentication failed" on my Netgear DG834G whenever it tries to connect.

This has been incredibly frustrating, particularly on the weekend since Fast 4's phone support is only open Monday-Friday (apart from some Indian call center, but that solved nothing and just cost me a load of money.)

If it's not working when I get home, I'll post a support ticket on the site, but I seem to be the only one experiencing this. It seems as though my username or password is wrong, as I get the same error even if I try a different one. I've tried the new one I received in the post as well, but it didn't work.

Hopefully it'll be ok when I get home, and if not the support will help me out, though it's quite hard to use internet support with no internet.:(

fontwell

Pro Member
_______
Server IP addresses have now changed; if you've set your connections to obtain a certain DNS server address or have specified the mail server addresses as an IP address in your mail software for example, you may have problems still - change your setup to obtain these details automatically_______
What are the current surfing dns server numbers for fast4 ?

Capped4

Pro Member
I haven't been able to connect at all since Friday. The last time I tried was Sunday night, but I don't see why it would be any different now. I keep getting "CHAP Authentication failed" on my Netgear DG834G whenever it tries to connect.

This has been incredibly frustrating, particularly on the weekend since Fast 4's phone support is only open Monday-Friday (apart from some Indian call center, but that solved nothing and just cost me a load of money.)

If it's not working when I get home, I'll post a support ticket on the site, but I seem to be the only one experiencing this. It seems as though my username or password is wrong, as I get the same error even if I try a different one. I've tried the new one I received in the post as well, but it didn't work.

Hopefully it'll be ok when I get home, and if not the support will help me out, though it's quite hard to use internet support with no internet.:(
You are not alone. I found I had to click the disconnect button on the router status page, then reconnect button, it then repeatedly tries to re-connect and after about 20 mins I have been back on line each time. (netgear 834 GT)
HTH

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1446)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1114)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (924)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (919)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules