Sponsored Links

Forums.

1] I visit a few forums like this one and i have never heard of a ISP's Customer Support phoning you on your migration day to ask how things are going.
We have new member daily joining the IDNETters forums to ask questions about the ISP and most are as interested in CS as they are in the speeds e.t.c. the word is spreading.

2] NO.

Sponsored Links
Strange maxping you are advertising IDnet on the forums as teh best yet at the same time checking out SkyBB as if you are looking to move.

Kits do you use the computer active forums?

To answer your point on being a happy customer yet looking at Sky BB.

I pay £24.99 per month for 8MB with a 30GB Cap, i only use approx 10GB most months but am quite happy to pay as the service is great.

My reasons for looking at Sky are for £18 per month i can get 4 x channel packages and my Broadband Free , saving me £6.99 per month (when & if they get their equipment into our exchange).

I do not have Sky at the moment and would seriously think about moving to Sky if they ever get their act together , this is a big if.

Until then i will happily stay with IDNet and recommend them to anyone who is interested.

computer active forums never heard of them :shrug:

we use sky for TV but wouldn't dream of having their BB. Had enough of Indian call centers if i ever do change my supplier the call center has to be in the UK. Price isn't as important as getting the right help if and when its needed first time not after numorous calls and often repeating what you have said thre or four times.

computer active forums never heard of them :shrug:

Price isn't as important as getting the right help if and when its needed first time not after numorous calls and often repeating what you have said thre or four times.

Thats why i am waiting until they get their act sorted, it may never happen.:laugh:

Sponsored Links
Hi Maxping, should I not let the lack of spam and virus checkers, and the fact that they don't accept Direct Debit put me off.

You will be able to pay by Direct Debit shortly (watch the website for more info) as for spam i never get any , AVG email scanning is active ;)

You will be able to pay by Direct Debit shortly (watch the website for more info) as for spam i never get any , AVG email scanning is active ;)

I have just signed up at ID Net using my Switch Card, so I presume that this will be used as a Direct Debit source.

Plusnet did offer a free month if I stayed with them, but even that was not enough.;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry Inactive i cannot answer that, give them a ring on the free phone number -

Contact us

For orders, free quotations, or further information please call us now on:
0800 0267 237 or email contactus@idnet.net.

Thanks for that Maxping, it doesn't really matter, the system accepted my Switch Card, so no doubt they will get in touch if they require a different method of ongoing payment.

TBH, I cannot wait to get connected now, the more I read of the antics at Plusnet, the more convinced I become that I have made a wise choice.

The only really genuine 100% person that I have dealt with at Plusnet is James Bailey, but then he was " acquired " from Metronet.;) ...oh and his hands are tied by the Directors at Plusnet Towers.

TBH, I cannot wait to get connected now, the more I read of the antics at Plusnet, the more convinced I become that I have made a wise choice.

I'm sure you will not regret it.
I will look forward to your first post in the "All new members drop in here" thread over at IDNETters ;)

Sponsored Links
the problem I have with Sky and all these companies that offer DSL along with another product, is that they are not dedicated ISP's. people will sign up for Sky etc, to get satellite or another service and DSL for cheaper, Talk Talk anybody. Sky's main priority is their satellite service, and always will be. I think companies that offer DSL this way, will always provide an average serivce. if it works, great. if it doesn't, don't think they are going to be in too much of a hurry to get it sorted for you.

If I was as satisfied as maxping says he is with IDNET then I wouldn't consider looking elsewhere.

If all the things he says about them are true then he would be a fool to leave them!

Makes you wonder, doesn't it!!!???

If all the things he says about them are true then he would be a fool to leave them!

If Sky got their act together (and thats going to be a long time off) why would i want to pay £24.99 for my connection when i could pay £18 and get 4 Sky channel packages thrown in and free broadband ?
I am a happy IDNet user but at the end of the day if Sky could supply a service as good as IDNet's i would have to give it some serious thought.

How back to your bridge you annoying c**t.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules