Sponsored Links

Free Anti Keylogging Software

...actually there are so many hotmail hacking tutorials out there its unreal and most actually work, not that l have tried.. from experiance l have had my hotmail hacked l managed to get it back through contacting MSN support however not 20mins later it was taken again.. long story short all l cared about was cleaning my contacts due to the fact somehow l had caused a problem by been somewhere this guy was (cause much agrivation when considering that just because l was a member at other forums they were getting attacked as well) suffice to say the "hacker" was ripped off by the owner of a forum l was helping out and letting use my Vbulletin script and because he wasnt contactable l paid the price and so did 3 of my friends as their forums were destroyed all because the hacker wanted details of the guy who since then did a runner.. the hacker guy l have no idea about any more but what l do know is he used exploits that can easily be found on google with the right keywords..

in any case the most secure email is a forwarder :p you have your domain then you have gmail, park your domain and set up gmail to fake the from area then you have a email that can only be traced to a domain you own but thats where the trail stops :D

in any case the moral of my story is, that ppl are vindictive and dont care who they blame just as long as they get to take their anger out on someone even more so online. sadly tho you have to bite the bullet since making a fuss about something just gives them more reason to make more of a fuss..

Well an MSN account can be tied to a lot. She had hotmail, so thats her emails gone.

There also things such as forums, and various other things. An msn passport is not a good thing to have stolen.

Besides, if a 2 min install of a program the you wouldnt notice would have prevented that, isnt it worth it?

My msn account would be very annoying to lose. I dont use hotmail, but I have had the same MSN messenger account for many many years.

Annoying perhaps...but hardly life threatening ...Where's the problem deleting emails and backing up those you need to somewhere other than a non-to-secure MSN account?
I can never understand statements..."oh I lost all me emails"...if they were so special back the things up!
Personally I can open my email client to see abso-bluddy-lutely nothing except new mails in there....I have gmail accounts similarly 'tidied' even though they say I don't have to delete stuff I do and back up the special stuff elsewhere...it isn't rocket science:)

plus having a MSN passport doesnt nessisarily mean you have to use a hotmail address go to www.passport.com and use anything from a gmail to an ISP email hell my current MSN account is tide to one gmail address and a domain my friend let me use

Tracker - I know. I back it all up anyway.

None of it is life threatening, its about saving time, and hassle. And in worst case, money.

Your point is like me saying I neednt bother with an Av (which is much more hassle), as I have it all backed up anyway.

But as I said...few minutes install, and after that you dont even know its there. Its not conflicting with anything, or causing any hassle. And it doesnt need updating.

No its not foolproof, but its a welcome extra layer. You might think my PC is loaded with stuff, but its not. The only addin apps I have are an AV, spybot, and an image resizer. Apart from games and open office, thats it! I rely on windows firewall and my router apart from that.

Id like to point out I do a lot of systems admin work. Im not a fully blown admin, I have problems with my memory. However, my point is I do take a dim view of pointless gimmicky apps. Norton security center is one of my favourites, *mumbles*.

However I really do feel that for time and money spent v possible downtime/hassle its more than worth it. The arguments for it are:

Time spent setting it up (2 mins inc download, more if you include the reboot).

Space used (very very little, less than 10MB I think).

Maintainance (None as far as I can make out).

Cost (Zero, unless you want to factor in time and disk space :D ).

Timeless - yeah, I dont have a hotmail address, I have a yahoo one thats linked to it, as well as other backup email addresses. Dont like hotmail :p

Butler - yes, and I dread to think!

Last edited:
hmm norton... great at one point.. now just bloatware its pretty much gone downhill over the years sadly, hence l moved to AVG and its done me well thankfully, in any case about all l can say on the subject is you can do everything to prevent possible problems but when it comes to you can only set the best defences possible and hope you arnt targeted, since there is really only so much one can do with current technology since nothing is full proof.

Old dude...how are you finding the software?
Got fed up with the annoying green pop-up screens yet?...Y'know the ones telling you that the page is protected and Keylogger personal is switched on?
You'll find you can move them around the screen but you can't get rid of the darned things until they are ready to go...(4 seconds IIRC)!
;)

Nearly forgot....you may also find that some keyboard shortcuts don't work anymore...such is the price of protection....;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I hardly notice it, I find it useful though as I want to know whats being protected.

I admit it could get annoying to others though.

Email them with this, they respond very fast and are helpful. They also really want to hear about any suggestions people might have (being able to get rid of the notification for one).

As for shortcuts, havent found a problem. Did you know you can change what shortcut is used in the options menu?

As for shortcuts, havent found a problem. Did you know you can change what shortcut is used in the options menu?

I did...but the short cut you CAN change is only the one that toggles the app on and off ...IIRC

I still think the 'personal' version is mere bloatware aimed at enticing you into purchasing the full version...kinda like those anti-spyware trials that find tons of stuff but you have to buy the full version to get rid of it all....and that is why it didn't stay long on my system...just long enough to ascertain it wasn't worth keeping...Now... the Full version may well be worth keeping IF you wanna pay for the pleasure...but I have heard that the proggy when it encrypts all your keystrokes it sometimes fails to render them readable on screen to the user! Not good....:)

I find it very good. I dont see the need for the full version, the free version does username and passwords which is more than enough for the average user.

And while it may have faults, you cant call it bloatware! The space and memory it uses is almost nothing.

Which shortcuts dont work? Im wondering if its a random bug or if every system would have it.

I still think you should contact them about the faults you find. Whered you read about the failed keystrokes? I did briefly look for other info about it, but didnt find any.

One potential flaw I found was that for it to work, you have to enable third party browser extentions. Im pretty sure this is on anyway by default, but for security minded companies thats a bad thing.

As said earlier, if you dont like it, nevermind, each to their own! :)

l hope everyone remember that this doesnt stop ppl getting passwords etc while in transit, granted this may help stop key logging (or does it?) but once data has left your computer its avalible to the whole world, regardless of the information is protected or not... yes lm a paranoid user and l have experienced first hand these kind of things, you can only do so much along with trusting so much, yes l do shop online and such but there are ways to help protect ones self, such as entropay my visa credit card but virtual so glad a member here told me about it, that and l dont even get stuff shipped to my house, l mostly pick it up from the local post office since its too easy to gain private information these days all l can do is protect it as much as l can

As the new crime of the computer age is identity theft i thought this reasonably priced program , uk about £12 is well worth it. If you use internet banking and pay for goods on-line you need all the protection you can get from the fraudsters. Everything i type is encrypted so if a hacker has managed to get past my other security measures by installing a key logger then he wont see anything only gobbledygook. Maybe im paranoid about being safe but they say prevention is better than finding out someone's spent your money.:laugh:

Sponsored Links
but again l say, does this program really encrypt keystrokes? you only have its word for it, and as previously said, if the server you submit personal data to is comprimised then the whole point of this program well is pointless.. besides the two ways to stop this kind of crap are 1. dont visit sites which are high risk 2. turn off or make very high security settings when pertaining to ActiveX controls since that is where the main problem lays

Yes it works, checked it with a keylogger.

The point is not the server. The point is if a key logger has been installed on your machine, which you may not know about, it will not pick up any passwords or usernames when you log into anything in firefox or internet explorer.

as keyloggers gop those avalibe which are for public use and those which are part of viruses are completely different take prorat for instance, its virtually undetectable and also supposedly had the ability to decrypt keystrokes which were encrypted.. granted tho the test of decryption can be time consuming but its easily done...

as keyloggers gop those avalibe which are for public use and those which are part of viruses are completely different take prorat for instance, its virtually undetectable and also supposedly had the ability to decrypt keystrokes which were encrypted.. granted tho the test of decryption can be time consuming but its easily done...

All i can say is if people just rely on anti virus software to keep them safe from harm they are living in the land of Nod. prorat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProRat_(trojan_horse) logs your keystrokes. If you have the anti key logger program its useless at taking your information. Prorat cannot decrypt what you type unless it is same person who makes key scrambler makes prorat. Get protected , its free , i recommend it.

Get protected , its free , i recommend it.
Come on get real...just how can you recommend a freebie version with very limited functionality ? Now if you've bought the full version you may be in a position to recommend it IF it has proved effective that is...but you haven't have you?:)
As previously said if you want to keep your MSN/Yahoo/e-mail passwords safe and sound this will prolly float yer boat...if you use on-line banking or use your c/card it is next to useless....and that is why it is free....as a taster for the full product which encrypts every keystroke (not just p/words/usernames) :)

Uhh...I can (and do) recommend it. The free version.

Why is is useless for internet banking? It protected my username and password as I logged in.

It doesnt protect against a few viruses, like ones that capture http post.

But this is the same for anitvirus, spyware, firewalls, you name it. None of them protects against all.

Its not just email. Its useful for anything you log into on the net, which in my case is a lot. Especially shopping sites (componants etc).

You seem to be unduely harsh. Many people recommend free versions of programs, many of them Antivirus which are not the full version.

Yes its not infallible. But it doesnt take any power to run, and its anything like bloatware.

I was watching a programme on the TV the other night and keylogging was discussed. The advice given was to deliberately type in an incorrect letter or number and then go back and correct it. This upset the sequence thereby confusing the keylogger.

Come on get real...just how can you recommend a freebie version with very limited functionality ? Now if you've bought the full version you may be in a position to recommend it IF it has proved effective that is...but you haven't have you?:)
As previously said if you want to keep your MSN/Yahoo/e-mail passwords safe and sound this will prolly float yer boat...if you use on-line banking or use your c/card it is next to useless....and that is why it is free....as a taster for the full product which encrypts every keystroke (not just p/words/usernames) :)

Yes i did buy the full version after trying the free one first, cost $24.99 about £12 ish , value for money i think. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy it they can use the free limited version, i did cos i thought it was worth it.:shrug:

Free anti-keyloggers...

As for me, guys, I don't actually like to use free security software... The reason is that I don't see the reason for people to make good products for free, so I deem the best security software is the commercial software. I believe that when people receive money for their job they are interested in making the best product in the market. If somebody thinks the same can recommend this site, as the one, having a lot information about anti-keyloggers and comparison table of most popular COMMERCIAL anti-keyloggers, so here is a link: http://anti-keylogger.org

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules