Sponsored Links

Free Tiscali line rental???

(New user, apologies if I have not submitted this correctly)

Has anyone else experienced this?

I believed I was updating my tiscali bundle of broadband and anytime calls to include free line rental. I was duly switched from BT but never received any free line rental. Unfortunately this went on for some time before I realised what was happening. Tiscali / Talk Talk are now trying to tell me that I was never offered free line rental. I do not make a habit of changing suppliers regularly but do so when a bargin is to be had.

I managed to recall the direct debits and duly paid by cheque the amount which I thought was due along with a letter explaining the situation, highlighting the fact that I would be happy to pay for any calls outside the package.

When I have spoken to customer services they have told me that a refund was being calculated, however now they want all the money repaid. I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer. I was always happy with the service until this happened.
Do i have any recourse?

Off-hand, I cannot recall any time when Tiscali / TalkTalk have offered free line rental, although I do remember a special service discount deal that was dangled in front of Tiscali's customers earlier this year as a deal to keep them on the platform after TalkTalk's takeover. That was only for existing standalone broadband users and not bundle deals.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/20...d-plan-and-u-turns-on-tiscali-price-rise.html

Related:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/20...-rise-for-tiscali-uk-broadband-customers.html

However at times TalkTalk has confusingly written "free broadband and phone" services on its website, with the line rental charge only being clearly separated after you take a much closer look. Unless you have some hard evidence to indicate free line rental being offered then it would be difficult to defend.

Thanks for your response Mark, but I am quite sure that I was offered free line rental, being lazy by nature I would not have bothered to change from BT for no financial benefit.

I called Tiscali after receiving a favourable sales pitch from BT to entice me their way. Thats when it all started.

I have asked Tiscali to provide me with confirmation of my agreement to pay line rental but they have not responded to this, it was at that point they redirected me to the department who would deal with mis sold products.

Many of the customer service staff do not seem to have any authority to actually do anything except give you a standard response even their e-mails contain the same set sentances...They would have far more job satisfaction and respect if they were allowed to take ownership of a problem and actually resolve it.

Sponsored Links
and this is the trouble of an ISP that predominantly uses Indian call centres... the downside is they have to run by their scripts to the letter lm pretty sure if they deviated they wouldnt have a job, but that leaves users like us in annoying positions because its so hard to get through to someone who can actually help or even put us onto the right section.. even worse is the fact sometimes you find a rep that is so hard to understand that the you spend half the time on the premium rate phone call explaining yourself over and over again..

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules