Sponsored

Freedom2Surf

koltregaskes

Casual Member
Hello,

I am moving house soon and wanted to take my ISP with me. I've not been at my current location more than 12 months and so I have been told that even if I use Freedom2Surf at my new house I would still have to pay for the activation fee which was waived initially (unless I was with them for 12 months or more).

It's probably what is in the T&C but it seems so illogical.

As I *have* to pay the fee (which is prettry heavy, around £75) I'm looking for another provider. So basically they are losing a customer due to the fee. I've complained to them but they are having none of it. And as I've set-up my folks with F2S I'm looking at moving them away at the same time (they have been with them for more than 12 months).

Oh well, goodbye F2S. :-(

Kol

MAdMaN

Top Member
It's not illogical. If you stay with them for twelve months, they make the money back on the activation fee. As a broadband connection is tied to a telephone line moving house constitutes a disconnection of the broadband, so if you move house before the twelve months has passed you have to pay the activation fee.

RedOnRed

koltregaskes said:
Hello,

I am moving house soon and wanted to take my ISP with me. I've not been at my current location more than 12 months and so I have been told that even if I use Freedom2Surf at my new house I would still have to pay for the activation fee which was waived initially (unless I was with them for 12 months or more).

It's probably what is in the T&C but it seems so illogical.

As I *have* to pay the fee (which is prettry heavy, around £75) I'm looking for another provider. So basically they are losing a customer due to the fee. I've complained to them but they are having none of it. And as I've set-up my folks with F2S I'm looking at moving them away at the same time (they have been with them for more than 12 months).

Oh well, goodbye F2S. :-(

Kol

You put exactly the same posting in ADSL Guide.

Read the T&C's in future and why should F2S have to pay BT to reconnect you ADSL every time you move house?

Freedom2Support

Top Member
So you expect them to pay an activation fee to BT, and let you leave whenever your like without penalty? Despite the fact they could be losing up to £50 for every customer that does it. Thats really good business, that is, isn't it.

Name me an ISP that doesn't charge an activation fee that lets you leave for free when you like. Apart from Virgin nobody does this, it's either a 12 month contract, or activation upfront.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2531)
  2. FTTP (2253)
  3. FTTC (1675)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1430)
  7. Business (1258)
  8. Statistics (1110)
  9. FTTH (1105)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (600)
  18. TalkTalk (586)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules