Sponsored

Freedom2surf

Geordie_Guy

Casual Member
After getting good reviews in different forums, I decided to migrate from Wanadoo to freedom2surf. Yesterday I put the migration order in but I got an e-mail saying that we will try to provide you 2MB service but if your line does not support 2MB then you need to get another MAC key from you provider :eek: then we will try for 1MB and so on........ It also said that we no longer offer regrades.

This is not what they say on their website, actually its totally opposite, according to their website they will migrate you first and then regrade you to the maximum that your line can support up to 2MB. :shrug:

When I got my MAC key from Wanadoo the guy on the phone said as soon as you give that key to your new ISP your account will be cancelled with us. Now my question is when you give the MAC key to your new ISP and if its not successful, is that mean that my account will be cancelled with Wanadoo and then I can't migrate? :confused:

Kommando

Top Member
A migration should only be on a like by like basis, eg if you are on 512K then you have to migrate to another ISP as 512K. Once its in and running you should then be able to upgrade so the website advice is correct as these are the BT rules not the ISP rules. Sounds like you need to ring them again as it looks like you were given the wrong information.

Geordie_Guy

Casual Member
I have a replied back from them, they said;

"We can try 2Mb for you, but if it fails then you will need to get a new MAC number and we'll retry for 1Mb. We no longer place regrades once the migration is complete as the speed is now determined before the migration takes place."

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Geordie_Guy said:
I have a replied back from them, they said;

"We can try 2Mb for you, but if it fails then you will need to get a new MAC number and we'll retry for 1Mb. We no longer place regrades once the migration is complete as the speed is now determined before the migration takes place."
This could give you problems as if Wanadoo say you are not a customer anymore due to handing your mac code to Freedom2surf then you could be stuck with no BB. I would say Freedom2surf need to reconsider and allow regrades. Getting a mac code in the first place is like playing monopoly to go back for a second one it more like playing Russian roulette

Pimpernel

Top Member
I think there's some misunderstanding here!!

Freedom2Surf obviously haven't got around to changing their website yet.
But they have changed (since Monday 23/05 I believe) from the old way of 'in' on 512 then upgrade, to 'in' at the maximum your line will support.

F2S staff will no doubt expand on this if they think necessary.

Be seeing you!! If you have any sense! :laugh:

:D

Geordie_Guy

Casual Member
Pimpernel said:
I think there's some misunderstanding here!!

Freedom2Surf obviously haven't got around to changing their website yet.
But they have changed (since Monday 23/05 I believe) from the old way of 'in' on 512 then upgrade, to 'in' at the maximum your line will support.

F2S staff will no doubt expand on this if they think necessary.

Be seeing you!! If you have any sense! :laugh:

:D
There is no misunderstanding here, that's the way they do it now and I don't think this is right. I wish I knew that before signing up. I could end up with no broadband at all and signing up with a new isp from scratch.

Pimpernel I don't think I have that kind of sense, I cannot risk this and actually have already cancelled the order with them.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Geordie_Guy said:
There is no misunderstanding here, that's the way they do it now and I don't think this is right. I wish I knew that before signing up. I could end up with no broadband at all and signing up with a new isp from scratch.

Pimpernel I don't think I have that kind of sense, I cannot risk this and actually have already cancelled the order with them.
Who are you going with now or are you still looking around.

Geordie_Guy

Casual Member
Kits said:
Who are you going with now or are you still looking around.
Well, Eclipse is on top of my list unless anyone has any other recommendations. I did post a thread about this but did't get much response.

Geordie_Guy

Casual Member
My migrations has been completed with Eclipse today :cool: . I must admit what a brilliant customer service and support they are offering. Their realtime online order tracking system is superb. I put the order on 25th and today on 31st its up and running as they promised and now I have been given the regrade activation date. Well done Eclipse.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1424)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules