Sponsored

Freetime Unlimited

andrewsmith

Hi

Has anyone had any experience with Claranet's Freetime Unlimited package? And does anyone know what ports/services they block?

Andrew

[ 21-11-2001: Message edited by: andrewsmith ]</p>

<Grumps>

Freetime unlimited blocks:-Realplayer,ICQ and other similar facilities but these are listed in Clara's T&C's.What they don't tell you is that some downloads are restricted.EG,driver upgrades etc.I have proved this on more than one occassion by switching immediately to another ISP and downloading without a problem.

12twelve

Pro Member
Ive been with Clara's Freetime Unlimited for about 9 months. Never had other than first time connections and I think ive been cut off twice in that time.
The blocking of Realplayer has only been a problem for me once, but I use another ISP and pay for the occasional use I make of it. Ive not had a problem downloading drivers, in fact last night i updated my m/b drivers. I think the service is very good but ive been looking at other providers that allow 4pm connections and then till 8am instead of 2am. Not that Im on line at that early hour but Id like to make use of the earlier start in the evenings.

<KC>

You don't really need another ISP as u can access Clara on their 0845 number which would allow those ports.

RedBull

Hmmm, i was thinking about changing to clara.net with all the problems V21 are having, but didnt know of any blocking ports. Thier web page states at <a href="http://www.clara.net/homeaccess/options/ftanytime.phtml" target="_blank">http://www.clara.net/homeaccess/options/ftanytime.phtml</a>

No restrictions to online services such as IRC, ICQ and Napster

Which is true? Do they block things like ICQ or not?

Update: Opps, thats a different service. So many available it gets confusing

[ 09-01-2002: Message edited by: RedBull ]</p>

Yak

Pro Member
ROFLMFAO @ KC and 12Twelve

I really cannot believe what I am reading!

You are saying that you pay £14.99 a month for *cough* 2.5 hrs a night *cough*, and then you don't mind paying local charges on TOP of that, just to use certain ports??!!?1?1!?

ROFL @ you two really sad people.

a) you either work for clara
b) you have more money than you know what to do with
c) you haven't tried any other ISP's
d) your replies were made by someone using your login and email for a laugh
e) FUG knows...LOL

What makes it even more unbelieveable, is that the service (if you can call it that) is so utterly pants at the moment that even the clara support staff are pi$$ed off with it.

FFS Get a life and stop spouting BS.

12twelve

Pro Member
£9.99 Off peak. Were talking about the Freetime Unlimited account not the Anytime account. Im on line for a lot longer than 2.5hrs/day. Always have first time connections. Been cut off twice in over 9 months usage.
As I indicated Ive used real Player twice on another ISP but its not normally what I use the net 4. Im very happy with the Freetime Unlimited service. I have no experience of the Anytime service and have never claimed that I have

<Mort>

SO should I just stick with freeserve as I can log on for as long as I like (execpt for the 2 hour cut off - I just redial) - was looking into Claranet but alot of bad comments here.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2250)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1055)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules