Sponsored Links

Fritz!Box 7530 - Disable/extend auto-logout..?

ria1039

Casual Member
Hi all, we have just acquired a Fritz!Box 7530 as part of our package with Zen Internet. The router itself is working fine, but I have a slight niggle in that the user interface logs me out after 20 minutes of inactivity.

This is all very well, but I tend to log on to the computer at the start of the day and leave it logged in to everything I'm using. Having to continually re-enter the password is a pain in the proverbial rear end. Before anyone suggests a password manager, I have yet to find one I like so I really want to be able to either disable auto-logoff or at least extend the time from 20 minutes to something more reasonable, like an 8-hour day.

Ria

Genuine question.....Why do you have to be logged in to your router interface so much? Asking because I only go into mine if I have cause to

I suppose I don't really, but I'm a bit of a nerd and I like to keep an eye on the connection and the system in general.

Also I have an inbuilt irritation at arbitrary conditions being forced on me. Even if I didn't want to stay logged on all day I would still be irritated at not being able to, if that makes sense..!

Ria

Sponsored Links
Have you considered setting up a HomeAssistant instance (maybe using Pi or Docker) - it seems to have a integration to monitor/log stats from Fritzboxes

Edit: this is what HA shows for my Asus router - HA logs all the stats and you can view them as history over time
1594819833776.png

Not really, it seems unnecessary when all I want is not to be logged out before I want to be. I'm not into "smart" homes, phones etc., I just want to be able to stay logged in. I really can't see why it doesn't appear to be configurable.

Ok, an update. I got in touch with AVM support (should have done that first really, shouldn't I..?!) and they said it's currently not possible, but they will forward my request to the product management team for possible inclusion in a future firmware update.

Can't ask for more, really :)

Sponsored Links
I don't think I've had a router before where you were given a choice about the login time-out (I might have done, but probably just didn't notice as it's usually irrelevant). Generally it's considered to be a good security practice to time-out login sessions on such a vital network device.

Of course I suppose you could create a desktop macro that just logs you back in when the login page pops-up, but that sort of thing can be tedious to train.

FYI Asus routers have a configurable Auto Logout setting - though that might be an added feature in the Merlin firmware that I use.
1594969367661.png

My Draytek allows me to stay logged in, but boots me out if I login from another device.
Ok, an update. I got in touch with AVM support (should have done that first really, shouldn't I..?!) and they said it's currently not possible, but they will forward my request to the product management team for possible inclusion in a future firmware update.

Can't ask for more, really :)
Not quite what you are looking for but if you go to the log off window (top right menu) you will see the time before auto log off. Just click on the time and it will reset to the start.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules