Sponsored

From a Vivaciti User

a_c_g_t

A new users perspective.

After swapping over from one of the other leading ISP I was a tadge worried about going to a "reseller" of someone elses network where as before I had usually been with ISP with their own network.

I need not have. Although I am not a real fanboy of MAX because I live out in the sticks I signed up for their 2Mb package forgetting to tell them that because of my line stats I had always been stuck on 1Mb ie 48db.

They proceeded with my transfer and all went okish, I did have a slight hickup with uploads for the 1st couple of days. Anyway to cut a long story short. All support calls have been resolved. With a little bit of line weaking at my end I now have a 43db rock steady 2Mb connection and all is well.

Don't be fooled by their lack of website it may look very basic but their support isn't.

Doug

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Nice to hear good news about an ISP but I am curious as to why the IP number doesn't resolve to Vivacti who use Entanet as a supplier.

turnkey

Top Member
Maybe he or she posted from work ? Should posts praising an ISP only be made on said ISPs connection?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Nice to hear good news about an ISP but I am curious as to why the IP number doesn't resolve to Vivacti who use Entanet as a supplier.
I think Vivacity also resell the Griffin network.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Maybe he or she posted from work ? Should posts praising an ISP only be made on said ISPs connection?
WE have normaly found that first posts praising an ISP tend to be someone who works for them.
This has happened a lot recently which is missleading to those looking for a replacement ISP.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I thought just for this once it might actually be a genuine post. There does seem to be a Doug using a_c_g_t as his nym in various forums:- http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a_c_g_t+doug&num=100&hl=en&safe=off&start=400&sa=N&filter=0

If it is the same guy, he's an ex-smoker, biker and Linux user and possibly ex-Vispa customer from Tavistock Devon. Of course that doesn't prove anything, although I've not noticed it on forums, it is common practice on usenet for sock puppets to impersonate.

DougAllison

a_c_g_t

yepp thats me but now unable to get into my beloved a_c_g_t on this forum:eek: place can I have me back.

ps I am on Vivaciti 2Mb griffin not enta and I did the posticle from work

Cheers

Doug

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
yepp thats me but now unable to get into my beloved a_c_g_t on this forum:eek: place can I have me back.

ps I am on Vivaciti 2Mb griffin not enta and I did the posticle from work

Cheers

Doug
I have replied to your PM.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
We dont only resell connections for Enta
The problem was more than one membership registered from the same IP within a few hours. The IP was not Enta or Griffin one it was an unknown supplier to us.

Vivaciti

ISP Rep
If you PM me the IP I can see if it resolves, as we have been issued with another few batches of different IP's, although I would be supprised if not showing on a whois

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
If you PM me the IP I can see if it resolves, as we have been issued with another few batches of different IP's, although I would be supprised if not showing on a whois
As you can understand I am not allowed to give out IP numbers this request has to be sent to Mark.J but you are missing out the important point here 2 people using the same IP number registered a few hours apart on the same day. This is the reason the members was checked we only allow one I would recomend it's perhaps best to register from home then at least it will be your IP and noone else will register with it.

sidneyk

Casual Member
I currently have the same connection, and would strongly recommend not to follow my lead.

I signed up to a 2 Meg connection with 125GB bandwidth between the hours of 8:00-18:00, and Unlimited at all other times.

That was true for a very short time then overnight without notice they changed the T&Cs to extreme throttling after 50GB total during anytime.

Very poor show, now waiting for the signup to Enta, give them a try....

Then what??

sidneyk

Casual Member
Oh almost forgot My line has now been regraded to 512

not much more to go wrong...

will try the Enta connection, but continue to Shop for a more permanent reliable provider

Whilst I have been in regular contact with Vivaciti..they have been powerless to provide the connection I am paying for, (have offered 1week rebate) but really when you pay for something you expect to get it.

Very disappointed at the result to now!!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sydney post a copy of your BT speed test lets see if we can find where your problem is.

sidneyk

Casual Member
Zyxel 660HW

noise margin downstream: 21 db
output power upstream: 12 db
attenuation downstream: 60 db

The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user 01**0****** and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

472 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Your IP address is 85.***.173.***, your browser is reported as being Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and is running on Windows XP.

BT would regard the speed ranges shown below as normal service:

For 250kbps End Users speeds between 50 - 250kbps.
For 500kbps End Users speeds between 100 - 500kbps.
For 1000kbps End Users speeds between 200 - 1000kbps.
For 2000kbps End Users speeds between 400 - 2000kbps.

You may now disconnect from the speed test account (click 'disconnect' in your internet connection window) and if you wish to regain normal access to the internet please re-connect to your ISP using your usual username and password.

Please note that test results may vary according to varying traffic in the network. If you continue to experience slower throughput when logged in to your ISP, this may be due to a slow internet site or high traffic levels beyond the BT Wholesale Network. Please report this situation to your ISP's helpdesk.

sidneyk

Casual Member
numbers numbers .......

noise margin downstream: 18 db
output power upstream: 12 db
attenuation downstream: 60 db

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1177347760&v=1185544

had some savage throttling from Griffin.... Vivaciti then contacted BT about my line speeds.. they said my line would not support these speeds and regraded me to 512 ???

Proof of the pudding

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1177347760&v=1185544

125GB transfer in 3 weeks.. on a 2Meg fixed speed says otherwise

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules