Sponsored

From Biscit to Be - the result

MrSunshine

Casual Member
Well this forum was an absolute lifesaver for mewhen the Biscit fiasco kicked off so I thought it only right I put a review of my shiny new ISP on here.

OK, you'd have to have been in the moon to not know that Biscit collapsed, and I was one of their unfortunate customers. Because of this site I was able to get my MAC code before my service was 'garden walled' so I spent an afternoon deciding on a new ISP. Eventually plumped for Be - good reviews, fast speeds and backed by a biggish company in 02. After what happened with Biscit I just didn't have the nerve to go for a tiny company again. Anyway I signed up and was told my switchover would take ten days. Bit of a pain because I was about to lose web access for a week but not really their fault. What they do have though is an excellent website which will keep you updated on where your order is and you can also get text messages to keep you informed.

When you join them they send you a new modem (they call it the BeBox, in reality it's a pretty bog standard Speedtouch modem!) which they're quite insistant that you use. It was delivered to a local post office as I wasn't home, the day before my connection. Plugged it in first with the ethernet cable and it didn't work - bit worrying. So plugged it in using the USB connection and away we go. Only around 3Mbps though and I was told my line would carry 17. My house though is three stories high and the PC is as far away from the main phone point as possible. It was conencted using a long cable which was obviously deteriorating the service. Since the BeBox is wireless I decided to drag myself into this century, bought a wireless adaptor and plugged the BeBox into the main point three floors below. Have to say it's impressive. Now get between 9 and 11 Mbps which is just fine by me!

To finish, so far I've had no problems. There were a few teething problems with certain applications when I was using the USB connection which have vanished now I'm wireless, which definitely seems to be the way to go if you're going with Be. They have online support which helps if it's not so urgent you don't want to stay on the phone. Also, if you're a real techy you'll love it. They have their own forums for people to chat about things I have absolutely no understanding of but it seems to make them happy! All I want is a nice fast connection that's always there and so far that's exactly what I've got.

jack8

Pro Member
Good review and nice to see someone else happy since leaving the biscit. I went to Zen and like you am very happy with the service.

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
welcome to be :) i hope your experience with them is as good as mine so far.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3674)
  2. BT (3045)
  3. Politics (1976)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1719)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1503)
  9. Statistics (1431)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1296)
  12. Virgin Media (1198)
  13. Fibre Optic (1186)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1168)
  16. Vodafone (860)
  17. EE (846)
  18. 5G (794)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules