Sponsored Links

FTTC available but can't order

Our village has finally been enabled for FTTC broadband after the exchange only lines were rewired to new green cabinets. Last week the BDUK organisation (connected counties) announced the cabinet was now live, however i'm not able to place an order.

If I enter my address into the ADSL checker it shows fibre available, see here

If I enter my phone number it doesn't show any fibre details, see here

I've tried a few other numbers in the village and they all report the same.

Entering my details into the openreach checker shows a status of 'accepting superfast orders' but says:

'Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet.
This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options.'

I'm about 250m from the exchange/new cabinets and get above 20Mbps on the ADSL connection so it can't be that I am too far away.

I'm hoping its just a problem with the openreach database, does anyone have any ideas?

Which ever ISP you are with should be able to get Openreach to fix the issue it is easy fix. Will just be the updating on BT's systems perhps showing an exemption which needs removing.

Which ever ISP you are with should be able to get Openreach to fix the issue it is easy fix. Will just be the updating on BT's systems perhps showing an exemption which needs removing.

Unless of course, you intend to use BT themselves, who are useless at doing anything but taking your money.

Sponsored Links
I've tried calling BT who say it looks like they are 'just waiting for it to update on their system' and to keep on checking as it should happen soon. I hope so too.

See my PM...
Do not send personal information over pm to members unless you can see they have isp rep status or admin of this site. This member is new and unverified so best to not respond to pms.

No personal information has been exchanged, just notified the OP to check tomorrow as FTTC availability will appear.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1970)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1458)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules