Sponsored Links

FTTC disappeared

In the process of a the new cabinet in the village going live. The last few months it has said cabinet 1 which is the old cabinet.

At the beginning of the week it said cabinet 7 which is the new Aio cabinet installed in the village.

At 6pm last night it said FTTC was available and gave my line a range between 29 and 49 down stream and 6.9-9 up. I also checked a few of my neighbours in the village numbers and they could now upgrade.

I also checked the bt when and where and it said can 7 is active and using technology FTTC.

So I checked on my current isps site Zen and said the same thing so I called to upgrade and they accepted my orders at 6:10pm.

This morning I’ve gone onto the zen portal to see what the estimated date would be and have dispatched the new fritz box, but it has this message “Wait for modify order to be committed by BT Wholesale - FAILED ” checked the bt dsl checker this morning and the FTTC info has gone. The bt when and where checked has also gone back a step.

This normal for a new cabinet?

This normal for a new cabinet?

Yes pretty much, if loads of people decide to order a FTTC service as soon as the cab goes live, ie the cab is now out of capacity. However if you were one of the first to place the order, then your order should go through, you should get in touch with Zen to seek clarification.

The village is mostly filled with technophobes as soon as I saw them blow the fibre and had been checking every couple of days.

I told a few of my neighbours and they are with bt and ordered they both had an estimated activation date of the 16, they have both had an email saying it is now delayed and a new estimated date of the 29th.

Looking on zen this morning they are saying fibre is now not available now.

The plot thickens, would bt have mistakenly made the cabinet active to early?

Sponsored Links
Speaking to everyone else in the village no one else has ordered it yet and haven’t realised and can’t order it.

Maybe it was fibber optic, not fibre optic.

Maybe they put it to the wrong cabinet wouldn't be the first time.

Sounds like an unusual situation, although sometimes last minute problems do occur that can throw a spanning into the works. Have you tried asking Zen directly if they can find out what has happened? Zen should be able to query with Openreach directly for an answer.

Another factor is that AiO cabinets tend to be installed in areas with Exchange Only Lines and we've seen quite a few issues when this first occurs. All sorts of problems with cabinet numbering, some lines being left out and so forth. This can create a few problems for those trying to get on the early adoption train.

Don't forget that sometimes a cabinet can cover properties several km away, so it might be serving more than just your village.

Sponsored Links
I spoke to zen who couldn't tell me why BT canceled wouldn't accept the order, they did admit that it was werid and would try to find out more information.

The other two people who ordered via BT have had another email which has pushed there activation dates to the 2nd of Jan. I did a search on dsl checker on their phone numbers and like mine still has no mention of FTTC being available.

I guess they must of pushed the wrong button to activate the cabinet and then reversed their mistake, ill just have to be patient.

Interesting the bt checker says there doing engineering work so hopefully will be able to order soon
65_FD5_EA1_3_FB0_41_C7_9198_41283_F46039_C.png

Strangely still no news, however one of the people who have bt and got their order in just after me has just had theirs install even though the dsl checker still says there’s no FTTC available

Probably a migration of customers from a cabinet further away that needs to be completed first, can take anything between two weeks or a few months+.

Once all the circuits from the loosing cabinets have been migrated availability will show the following few days.

Sponsored Links
Probably a migration of customers from a cabinet further away that needs to be completed first, can take anything between two weeks or a few months+.

Once all the circuits from the loosing cabinets have been migrated availability will show the following few days.

I hope so, there isn’t anyone being migrated to FTTC the second line that’s going live tomorrow, was the 3rd person to order.

My order though zen was rejected and the two lines that have gone though were with bt.

Both of these lines still show that fibre is not a available to order as are a random selection of numbers in the village.

Saw Openreach engineer activate another two lines today, both lines are of a neighbour who was having an upgrade and on the dsl line checker still shows no FTTC availability.

Finally managed to get hold of someone openreach who was really nice and helpful, saying that they are still doing maintenance work on the DP's around the village which was why my order was initially canceled but the others that went though, are on the DP that is next to the new cabinet.

She gave me her number and asked if its still not showing available in 2 weeks time to give her another call and will find out what's going on.

It’ll take longer than a few weeks, I can confirm it requires a migration of services from another cabinet further away. Once completed you’ll see availability return a day or so later.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules