Sponsored Links

FTTC Expansion to live?

The Calluminati

Casual Member
Hi all!
I have noticed that the lovely cabinet 3 in Felixstowe has been expanded recently but there's still a waiting list according to BT's wholesale check thingy. It got installed on the 6th I believe but I guess there's a delay to when this goes live? Does anyone know how long that is as I'd love the option to move ISP.
Thanks for any info!
Oh and let me know if you need more info!

Good question. By expanded, do you mean they built a new cabinet nearby or extended the existing cabinet with a new shell or sidepod? If it's a new cabinet then that can take a bit longer, but if they expanded the existing one then I would have thought it should be live by now (assuming they really did expand the internals).

One good idea is to try asking Openreach's twitter help team, which seem to be more responsive than most:

It was a separate smaller box from what I saw, I shall take photos this evening if you'd like but I did get this back from openreach today, I emailed a while ago:

Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.

I’ve looked into your enquiry and the great news is that we will have some fantastic connectivity options for your home. I can see the fibre equipment you’re connected to is getting an upgrade. This will give you fibre to the cabinet.

Our engineering will take place over the coming month/s. If everything goes to plan, fibre broadband should be available to order by the end of month/year.

We’d love to keep you up to date with our progress
. To receive any future updates please go to our fibre checker, input your postcode, choose your address from the drop-down, then scroll past the availability information and complete the Gigabit Fibre form and we’ll update you once plans change. www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband.
Openreach doesn’t provide phone, broadband or TV services directly to anyone so to get these services you’ll need to contact a service provider to find out about the packages they can offer you and the speeds that you’re likely to get.
You can find a list of providers here

FTTC​
https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttc-providers

I’m sorry that we can’t offer you an immediate solution. But once the works complete you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of fibre broadband.​

If you need to contact us further please use the following link, as the email account I’m writing to you from doesn’t accept replies.​
https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband-availability-customer

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, so if they've installed a new box then that can require a bit of extra work before it goes live. We've seen this take a few months before, but I'm not sure what an average wait would be.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules