Sponsored Links

FTTC no longer at my cabinet

shevans

Any ideas who to contact at BT regarding the BT checker?

Last month the FTTC cabinet went live, several locals ordered and have had Fibre installed, infact there have been a flurry of BT vans in the area since but suddenly the cabinet which we are all connect to no longer has FTTC listed and just unavailable.

Sounds like your own serving cabinet is not part of BTs commercial rollout (as shown on the BT availability checker), but instead will be part of your local BDUK scheme. Check with your local council as you may find your cabinet is now included in their lists.

In just comes down to one point, are you sure your connected to the cabinet you think you are? Locals may be ordering, but there is not going to be a blanket 100% coverage straight away. Others are more than likely on different serving cabinets to that of yourself.

Thanks Martin for your reply

The cabinet is a BT cab and an additional FTTC one was initialled well over a year ago. Every month on the Openreach checker it was listed as going live (and put back every-time the go live date arrived) finally at the beginning of August it went live. I even had a reply from the nag.enquires email address detailing when it would finally go online but unfortunately deleted it once it was working.

There is just one cabinet to the village Essendon, I'm AL9 6HJ and its cab P33 that everyone in the village is connected to. A neighbour (a few door up) is using FTTC via Sky to the same cab.

I could have placed an order with BT / Sky or Plusnet, as I checked using their online ordering system but held off as I was under contract with my 3 Mobile SIM.

Sponsored Links
..and there's usually then a delay until Openreach can get around to upgrading it again.

Sponsored Links
I've seen FTTC disappear from the checker when a cabinet was moved from retail to BDUK and when a cabinet was activated and then BT said the customer was too far from it to get service.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules