Sponsored Links

FTTP and IPv6

Mutino

Are there any sites which collate what IPv6 offerings various UK ISPs have?

I've recently been looking at FTTP availability for where I live and nothing immediately available, registered interest with Hyperoptic (asked for building management contacts but didn't bother to even acknowledge receipt after details emailed to them twice) and G.Network (phoned to confirm received)

Checked their websites and poor to no info on Ipv6, static/dynamic, prefix size. I followed up with their support teams to ask what IPv6 was being offered - Hyperoptic a static /56 and G.Network.... slightly shocked to find out they don't do IPv6 - didnt even offer a "coming soon" seems a bit odd to be deploying a new network without.

IDnet provide FTTP with IPv6, /48 as standard, and v6 on all services

A&A do FTTP but only up to 160Meg and IPv6, /48 as standard, same any service can do it

Entanet does v6 but I can't remember if they do FTTP, but they do it on the rest.

Zen supposedly do (I had issues with them), but for some reason didn't last I checked do it on fibre ethernet leased lines (go figure)

BT provides v6 but not in the "can do what you like, lots of stuff" way

Sky does v6 but in the same restricted way, think it was a /56 with one /64 you can use

The problem with trying to make IPv6 a firm field in ISP listings, such as the ones on this very website, is that for many providers things like IPv4 and v6 support are not considered 'features' but rather a seamless part of their underlying network setup (as it should be). As such most of them don't advertise whether they support it or not, but seasoned readers like vcommsmind have been paying attention :).

In terms of the big boys, we are still waiting for Vodafone, Virgin Media and TalkTalk to add IPv6 support after many.. years of waiting.

Sponsored Links
All I know is that my BT FTTC gives me IPv6 and it works 🤣

Thanks for the summary. Previously I was with BT with an annoyingly dynamic /56, so switched to iDNet for a couple of years ago and have a static /48

Could get Virgin, but a bit of a no thanks. It was fun seeing them present at the UK IPv6 Council meeting a few years ago - many audience members not impressed by their DS-Lite approach

You could get Virgin but they don't support IPv6 so you wouldn't achieve that goal. IDNET offers static v6 as you've seen.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules