Sponsored Links

FTTP availability and providers

kaelgr

Casual Member
Hello,

I am a long time reader, but now have a question and decided to make my post.

I live in a house built in 2019. We had FTTC up to now but looking up my postcode on the openreach availability checker now it seems I can also order FTTP.

And true it seems via BT or Sky I can get up to 900mbps and 145mbps from the latter. I tried though going via talktalk or Vodafone who I thought have openreach FTTP and none show any FTTP services for my postcode only FTTC. I contacted them and they both gave me the generic answer that my premises don't have FTTP support.

The weird thing was filling the info at openreach website for information about FTTP, I got an email via them saying that my area doesn't have FTTP - but their checker shows i can get either FTTP or FTTC...

Meanwhile I also tested the btwholesale address checker and it also shows that there is FTTP available (i dont see the FTTP on Demand like some other postcodes)

1623055763578.png

I have been seeing openreach vans for the past months stoping by very often, so I am thinking we got it very recently if not just last week.

Just confused as to what options I have, because I am up for renewal and since contracts now last forever I would rather get it done before I get locked in another contract.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Openreach gets updated first, then the database gets sent to the other ISP's who update their own database, this takes time and if they chose not to cover that exchange then some will not show FTTP at all. Pick an ISP that will allow migrations FTTC to FTTP mid contract such as Zen.

Not only that, but Sky and TalkTalk often base their availability around exchanges that have been unbundled for more cost-effective capacity, so you may get some areas where Openreach's FTTP exist but TT and / or Sky don't offer it. You may thus find this useful:

Sponsored Links
Just got the generic answer back from Openreach customer care that fttp is available to order and to contact the ISP and if they have issues the ISP should contact Openreach.

Sounds cool but I really can hear the talk talk people saying nuh. Feels like I am playing ping pong here. Shame because 500mbps for the price sky charges for 145 is really tempting

I'm in the process of finding an OR ISP as well for FTTP.
Think TT had a decent package and supposed good router thrown in but the general census of opinion is that their CS is awful. Still undecided as BT have 24 month contracts and the price of FTTP will come down in 2 years.

I don't mind if I get their 500Mbps package for 35 pounds. Problem is they are robots and give scripted answers. OR said I can order from an ISP that has OR lines how difficult is that for Talk talk to support jeez.

I find TalkTalk's website really unhelpful for FTTP on Openreach.

For me, the main checker on their homepage does not show my OR FTTP connection as available. If you go to Broadband -> Ultrafast Broadband then that checker also doesn't show FTTP as available. However, if you go to Broadband -> Future Fibre this checker looks completely different and does show FTTP available to order.

I've no idea why the main checker or the one under "Ultrafast Broadband" don't work for me, and are possibly the ones TT Customer Service are using. I'd try the "Future Fibre" section of their website and see if you have any luck.

Sponsored Links
Indeed I noticed the different checkers. The future fibre one after I put my postcode it asks for my contact details though I assume its for when if ever it would be available they would contact me. It doesn't show that it's available for me. I'll give a try today on the fttp number again and if no luck I'll just have to go with sky

Reactions: THB
In the end I went with Sky no issues no fuss they saw the new connection and will send an OR engineer to set it up. Talk talk still sais I don't have FTTP on my area. Oh well I hope next time come renewal I have more options

Ah too late I called the future fibre number and they had no clue. I am no business though so how would that work to contact their business fttp branch?

Anywho I am booked with sky now thanks for the reply though I'll have that in mind for next time.

Sponsored Links
No issue for a private person to select a business product, if they ask then your employer requires you to use a business broadband for home working.

Hello,

I am a long time reader, but now have a question and decided to make my post.

I live in a house built in 2019. We had FTTC up to now but looking up my postcode on the openreach availability checker now it seems I can also order FTTP.

And true it seems via BT or Sky I can get up to 900mbps and 145mbps from the latter. I tried though going via talktalk or Vodafone who I thought have openreach FTTP and none show any FTTP services for my postcode only FTTC. I contacted them and they both gave me the generic answer that my premises don't have FTTP support.

The weird thing was filling the info at openreach website for information about FTTP, I got an email via them saying that my area doesn't have FTTP - but their checker shows i can get either FTTP or FTTC...

Meanwhile I also tested the btwholesale address checker and it also shows that there is FTTP available (i dont see the FTTP on Demand like some other postcodes)

View attachment 1213

I have been seeing openreach vans for the past months stoping by very often, so I am thinking we got it very recently if not just last week.

Just confused as to what options I have, because I am up for renewal and since contracts now last forever I would rather get it done before I get locked in another contract.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.
I’ve been with Sky 145/25 since January and not had any issues other than one evening around 11pm it disconnected for about 20 mins and then nothing since.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules