Sponsored Links

Fttp bt

A year or so ago our village gratefully received fibre courtesy of BT. We were all delighted but did not realise that by taking their FTTP deal we were precluding ourselves from being supplied with fibre by any other well known ISP. When the original deal came up for renewal I tried to get alternative quotes to make sure my deal was competitive but the common response was you have neither a telephone nor a fibre broadband and we could only instal a new copper line to give you low speed broadband and a phone line. Can anyone explain why this is so please and if there is anything I can do about getting my present installation shown on the search engine used by ISP's to check on what facilities are presently available at my address, as I do not fancy having only BT as the monopoly supplier to my house in case they put my deal up to an unaffordable level. Any explanation or help would be appreciated.FTTp

The FTTP that you get from BT is actually the same FTTP that Openreach deploys via wholesale and which is available via a variety of other ISPs. I'd suggest that Zen Internet is probably one of the better and more affordable alternatives that you could choose but there are also providers like iDNet, AAISP, Cerberus Networks etc.

Openreach's FTTP is aiming to cover 10 million premises by around 2025 and so we'd expect the number of ISPs that supply it to increase as it gradually becomes more widely available. At present its coverage is low and so other providers are gradually deciding to build their own rival networks, which is good but may also make the UK's infrastructure landscape much more confusing for consumers (at least until the inevitable round of consolidation kicks in).

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules