Sponsored Links

FTTP From Openreach & Rural House Prices

samwardill

I'm trying to persuade my parents to get BT Full Fibre because I think it will increase their house price. They live in an isolated house in Staffordshire about 3 miles from the nearest town but BT offer Full Fibre up to 1GBps. The price @ £40 per month with 24 month contract is about twice what they pay now (with Plusnet) to get 60MBps. That £40 / month is only for 150MBps but crucially it means that BT would pay to install a fibre to the home so the 1GBps would then be easy. Is there any evidence to show that this is worth it?

Does anyone know whether any other ISPs are likely to start offering full fibre to consumers in these area with Openreach Full Fibre availability any time soon?

because I think it will increase their house price
It's not like they'll stop being in a fibre area overnight? The new owner could also just request a fibre install. The fact they're in a native fibre is surely the thing that would affect house value.

As for the other question, no idea, sorry!

The fact that BT can offer FTTP to them is what matters, but they don't need to take it if they don't need / want it. So long as the network is available to their property, if they want it, then that will be what impacts the value of their house the most.

As to the question of whether or not FTTP is worth it, I'd say the faster potential speeds and greater reliability do make it worth the money. But you don't have to take the service from BT, any FTTP supporting ISP on Openreach's network will do. You can also take FTTP on the slower 40Mbps and 80Mbps tiers.

Sponsored Links
The future Estate Agent will have no problems adding FTTP is available to order based on an Openreach check on the property.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules