Sponsored Links

FTTP from some but not all?

daint

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help, I've been looking into FTTP products lately and have found that some providers (such as BT, Zen & Aquiss) offer FTTP products to my home but others that offer FTTP products don't (such as EE & TalkTalk).

Is it just a case of waiting until these providers update their e-commerce systems? I've checked on BT Openreach and this is suggesting that FTTP is available to my property ('Full Fibre').

Thanks
Daint

At present EE only offers G.fast, not FTTP. Similarly at present TalkTalk's only FTTP is via the FibreNation (not Cityfibre) network and not Openreach, although they are in trials of FTTP from Openreach. Otherwise this may help:

Sponsored Links
Hi Daint,

It's basically as Mark as said, some of the "high street" names have just opted not to really get involved in Openreach based FTTP presently. Some are sat on old legacy systems, which commercially maybe holding the decision people back.

Hi Daint,

It's basically as Mark as said, some of the "high street" names have just opted not to really get involved in Openreach based FTTP presently. Some are sat on old legacy systems, which commercially maybe holding the decision people back.

Hi Martin, BT have just FTTP'ed my sisters tiny village near Tenbury Wells, but Aquiss isnt showing on the list of providers BT say can offer her a FTTP service; is this just BT only naming the big providers??
The smallest on the list is Zen.
She has spent the last 20 years on a FREE legacy ADSL service through EE - they keep trying to brow beat her into paying, but she has some paperwork going back to the late 90's promising her free BB for life; however either they arent on the list, or she is finally looking for someone better.

I do know that there is a link to request Aquiss to check if FTTP is available, friend of mine was having problems. Turned out Aquiss had to do a formwise to get Openreach to update the database then the order went through.

Hi Martin, BT have just FTTP'ed my sisters tiny village near Tenbury Wells, but Aquiss isnt showing on the list of providers BT say can offer her a FTTP service; is this just BT only naming the big providers??

Pretty much from what I can gather. I've given up reminding our account manager about it. A lady called Sandy Parker within the Formwize team handles the listings, but dealing with her (over the last 2 years) has proven almost impossible.

However, yes, we can certainly provide FTTP over Openreach's network which are the products listed https://www.aquiss.net/unlimited-fttp-fibre-broadband/

Sponsored Links
Pretty much from what I can gather. I've given up reminding our account manager about it. A lady called Sandy Parker within the Formwize team handles the listings, but dealing with her (over the last 2 years) has proven almost impossible.

However, yes, we can certainly provide FTTP over Openreach's network which are the products listed https://www.aquiss.net/unlimited-fttp-fibre-broadband/

Thanks, I'll pass that on; although the latest wheeze is that a notice has gone up at the village hall, listing the parts of the village that can sign up; despite my sisters neighbour being the first to get the new FTTP service, none of the houses in her tiny cul de sac are listed.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5445)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2227)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1955)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1649)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1447)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules