Sponsored Links

FTTP guidance

I am not sure what route to take for FTTP installation at my home office.

My internet speed is average, very slow upload due to a long line 18mb down / 0.8mb up. The village I live in is very low population so I don't see BT investing into the local network infrastructure anytime soon.

I have been talking to BT business about a leased line which is a bit over the top for my needs, I do not need the guaranteed up time or the fast reponse from a on site technician.

I would simply like to stomach the expensive upfront cost of installation and never have to worry about speeds again.

Also one question, besides from ordering a leased line from BT business, is there any other way to trigger Openreach into installing a FTTP line?

Any input would be appreciated, thank you!

If you want to PM me with the install address details I will advise you what's best for your needs.

If your not in a FTTP only area and its FTTPoD which is available to you a leased line would likely work out cheaper.

If you can get others in your community to support the effort then it might also be worth seeking a Community Fibre Partnership quote, which could also be further reduced in cost by various subsidy and or voucher schemes.

https://communityfibre.openreach.co.uk/

I'd also consider discussing deployments with alternative network operators, such as Gigaclear. You might find they can do it more cheaply, provided the community pitches in. Depending upon where you live, there's also the B4RN model of DIY.

Sponsored Links
If you can get others in your community to support the effort then it might also be worth seeking a Community Fibre Partnership quote, which could also be further reduced in cost by various subsidy and or voucher schemes.

https://communityfibre.openreach.co.uk/

I'd also consider discussing deployments with alternative network operators, such as Gigaclear. You might find they can do it more cheaply, provided the community pitches in. Depending upon where you live, there's also the B4RN model of DIY.

Would openreach entertain it if some one can get over the proposed 10meg USO?

The USO won't be legally relevant until 2020, so at present it's a moot point for anything decided before then. Perhaps come 2020 they may change their approach but strictly speaking the CFP doesn't have to align as it's an independent build, although there may be an issue with respect to available subsidy and voucher schemes further down the road.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules