Sponsored

FTTP Install Stages?

JitteryPinger

Casual Member
Hello guys, so got FTTP install booked for 25th Aug, it will be a new overhead install, however had some questions I would love to discuss...

1. BT Wholesale advises it a 1 Stage install, would I be correct in this meaning no survery is required and an Openreach engineer or team will turn up, hang new fibre and mount it on a hook where required?

2. I need the ONT installing on the 3rd floor as this my floor, the ONT will be on the same external wall as the drop line and ideally will be literally level with the drop lines mounting point.

I must add that the house doesn't seem to have a copper line hanging from it anymore, seemingly removed at some point in the past.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hopefully this helps.

• 0 stage install: if an Optical Network Termination unit or ONT already exists at your premises, it's very quick to get connected. We can remotely activate a port on the ONT and the rest is generally self-installation. The average connection time is between 1 and 3 working days.
  • 1 stage install: this is when the fibre cable termination is quite close to your premises. The average connection times are between 9 and 18 working days (subject to engineer availability). You'll need to be at the premises to get this connected, as the engineer will need to drill through your wall to install an ONT.
  • 2 stage install: this is when the fibre cable termination may not be close to your premises. This will take longer to install and we may need to complete a survey, as well as any external work. Because of this, the installation may be delayed*, incur excess construction charges** or be deemed infeasible. The average connection times are between 20 and 35 working days (subject to engineer availability). The engineer will complete any external work to bring the cable termination close to your premises, typically 5-10 days before installing equipment at your premises.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £23.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2769)
  2. FTTP (2756)
  3. FTTC (1785)
  4. Building Digital UK (1743)
  5. Politics (1667)
  6. Openreach (1622)
  7. Business (1434)
  8. FTTH (1340)
  9. Statistics (1241)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1227)
  11. Fibre Optic (1064)
  12. 4G (1057)
  13. Wireless Internet (1021)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1015)
  15. Virgin Media (1006)
  16. EE (697)
  17. Vodafone (669)
  18. Sky Broadband (668)
  19. TalkTalk (663)
  20. 5G (517)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules