Sponsored Links

FTTP installation

spile

My move from Plusnet FTTC to BT FTTP was carried out yesterday afternoon.
Good communications from the ISP. Engineer arrived at 1.30pm as expected.
A second unused twisted pair was disconnect at my request. The new fibre line was fed into the upstairs study. The fibre cable carried a twisted pair line. Job was completed at 5.30pm

Overall I am happy with the product and the installation. It took about an hour longer than expected as a Huawei ONT was mistakenly fitted. After a long call to his base later, it was replaced with a smaller Nokia ONT and I was connected.

Speed tester shows 493 Mb (Opted for BT Full Fibre 500 package) download speed which is quite a jump from the 24 Mb I was getting with Plusnet.

The only "slight" niggle is that the BT Smart hub has one fewer Ethernet sockets than the older Plusnet one it replaced.

Lucky you.

I'm switching from copper to FTTP. JohnLewisBroadband to BT. So far its not been a smooth experience. Dates shifted about at random and after 6 engineers to do various things, yesterday we finally go flashing lights on the ONT but no service.

Much scratching of heads and various calls home but it seems to be beyond the experience of the local guys - which is not their fault as they've done a good job on what they were supposed to do.

No one seems to know why it don't work and I'm told I may have to wait a day or two. However, BT have canceled the landline - again - but will re-instate the order when the fibre works. Also JL where told we were leaving and then that we weren't. Fortunately JL are still live.

I can't help feel that the problem lies with the fact that BT are seeing we're live with JL and haven't thrown the switch over :)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules