Sponsored Links

FTTP not available to 2 of 3 addresses on single property

Mot

Casual Member
Hoping to pick some brains here;

Our village had Openreach FTTP installed as part of BDUK, looked after by Superfast Staffordshire.

A neighbour has a house and two small outbuildings that’s were previously used for business so have addresses assigned to them on the wholesale checker. All fed from the same pole with a CBT that has plenty of capacity. The main house and one outbuilding don’t show FTTP being available (only on demand) whereas one outbuilding does show it as available.
All of these buildings are only a few metres apart and all fed overhead.
I can only see this being a database issue but I’m not sure how to go about helping to resolve it. Could anyone offer any advise?

If he is forced to have FTTP installed in the outbuilding in which it’s available I have offered to connect it to the main house via network cable should there be ducting in place, Wi-Fi or power line adaptors using the shared mains. I would really rather avoid this though.

Sounds like a bit of an unusual situation. The best thing to do is have a chat with Openreach directly about it (the owner of the property must do this), such as by filling in the contact form on this page:

Or making a complaint:

However do be aware that the current COVID-19 crisis is having a massive impact and thus their ability to respond to non-essential queries is very limited. Let me know how you get on and if, once things start returning to normal (expectation is June), the issue has not been resolved then I can always try escalating it.

Sounds like a bit of an unusual situation. The best thing to do is have a chat with Openreach directly about it (the owner of the property must do this), such as by filling in the contact form on this page:

Or making a complaint:

However do be aware that the current COVID-19 crisis is having a massive impact and thus their ability to respond to non-essential queries is very limited. Let me know how you get on and if, once things start returning to normal (expectation is June), the issue has not been resolved then I can always try escalating it.
I had a similar situation where properties around me had two addresses showing on the "can I get fibre" Openreach page.
One address could get it but the other slightly different address (one word) would show the same property could not get it .
It is a database problem and you must ask Openreach to fill in a "bridge form" which will align the various databases.It may be necessary to raise a customer concern to get this done.

Sponsored Links
Hoping to pick some brains here;

Our village had Openreach FTTP installed as part of BDUK, looked after by Superfast Staffordshire.

A neighbour has a house and two small outbuildings that’s were previously used for business so have addresses assigned to them on the wholesale checker. All fed from the same pole with a CBT that has plenty of capacity. The main house and one outbuilding don’t show FTTP being available (only on demand) whereas one outbuilding does show it as available.
All of these buildings are only a few metres apart and all fed overhead.
I can only see this being a database issue but I’m not sure how to go about helping to resolve it. Could anyone offer any advise?

If he is forced to have FTTP installed in the outbuilding in which it’s available I have offered to connect it to the main house via network cable should there be ducting in place, Wi-Fi or power line adaptors using the shared mains. I would really rather avoid this though.

Why don‘t you send details of this query to the Superfast Staffordshire programme team so they can investigate. They may be able to assist given they have access to the openreach team that built and commissioned the network. E-mail superfast@staffordshire.gov.uk

Thanks all for your replies.

I did as @Mark.J suggested and chatted with Openreach. I didn't know this was possible. They've launched an investigation.

I've already reached out to Superfast Staffordshire @Chatters but no response. I imagine they're not working at the moment as they've been pretty quick to engage with other matters in the past.

Also thanks @philipel - I asked for a bridge form to be completed too. On the off-chance that the representative I was speaking with didn't know how to resolve the matter.

Superfast Staffordshire are still working albeit at reduced capacity. The e-mail address will continue to be monitored. Let’s see what Openreach come up with.
Each address line is allocated a gold NAD key, without it FTTP services cannot be ordered, however it would not be the first time a database issue needed resolving.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules