Sponsored Links

FTTP not showing on compare sites?

neonplanet40

Casual Member
Hi folks, FTTP has been available on my premises for 4 weeks now. I can find a few ISP's that can offer it (Aquiss, BT, Zen).

However, none of the comparison sites shows me I can get FTTP which is annoying when trying to find best prices etc. I'm currently with Talk Talk FTTC.

Is there a reason this happens and is it likely to be rectified?

Thanks

Comparison sites only show deals where they have agreed a referral commission so these are never 100%. As for FTTP these are new products with introductory discounts and most providers want to up sell during their order process. They will be shown on comparison sites going forward, it is not a technical issue it is commercial one.

If you want to see current pricing one of easiest ones is over on TBB https://www.thinkbroadband.com/packages/fttp-broadband use the filters for your post code and speed. Then, as always, when ordering, validate against each provider site (for price, offers and detailed terms) and select one or two other suitable known providers that are acceptable to you.

Hi, thanks for replying. I followed your link to think broadband and put in my postcode. It shows no results for 100mb+ internet.

My postcode is FK10 3GE.

I was hoping to find a search engine which would show me the companies that operate FTTP in my area. I'm with talk talk, and they don't. But BT and few others do.

It seems there is no easy way to find out other than going through each ISP and checking. A bit if a pain :p

Sponsored Links
You can also look at the very site you're on now too :giggle: , we list the technologies and networks alongside. So check for those with Openreach's FTTP, there are quite a lot:

I'm with talk talk, and they don't.
Given that you've already found BT, Aquiss, Zen, and ruled out Talktalk, the remaining big players to check out are Sky and EE.

At that point, you've done everything the price comparison site would have done for you. As they won't be paid commission, see if you can get cashback via topcashback or quidco.

If you are considering BT, there are different deals available depending on which page you navigate through. The ones I have seen are:

It seems my contract with talk talk doesn't end until Xmas :( I was really hoping they would offer it so I could switch. It seems I'll have to wait now to avoid a large leaving bill.

However, there doesn't seem to be any FTTP installations until June so not a massive wait considering.

Really? I heard Openreach were pausing until March 1st, although there will probably be a backlog to catch up on after that. You can place an order now if you want to get into the queue.

You can keep your Talktalk FTTC running alongside FTTP as a backup (although obviously you'll still be paying for it).

Just make sure you don't port your phone number over to the FTTP provider. That would automatically cancel the associated FTTC service and give you the large leaving bill.

I suggest that you take FTTP-without-voice, and then at the end of the Talktalk contract port the phone number over to a separate VOIP provider (if I wanted to keep it).

At some point in the future Talktalk may include your exchange in their FTTP coverage. If you want to keep your options relatively open, then Aquiss do FTTP with a 12-month contract.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to resurrect a relatively old thread but I landed on this page a while back when the same thing happened to me and I figured people may still land on it in the future. Nobody has answered the original query correctly so here's the answer:

The vast majority of comparison sites don't update deal information themselves, they wait for the ISP's to provide them with the up to date information, in terms of which properties can access which deals. In the OP's case, they simply didn't have it from the providers at the time.

Source: I contacted Uswitch to ask them to put my property on, the above was essentially their answer, and they wouldn't update until the ISP's tell them.

One thing I will say for anyone having the same situation in the future - there is a comparison site known for their affiliation with meercats, that seemed to have the information immediately (within 24 hours of openreach confirmation). They must either have a different information exchange or do it themselves. I'm not affiliated with them in any way and I use different comparison sites - but using that one if you're in this predicament solves the problem until the others get up to speed.

Happy hunting.

The vast majority of comparison sites don't update deal information themselves, they wait for the ISP's to provide them with the up to date information, in terms of which properties can access which deals. In the OP's case, they simply didn't have it from the providers at the time.
That's exactly it. I have even received physical letters with outdated information 😃

Very few sites (I mean, I know of one 🙃) get real-time data from providers.

Given that though, you could potentially compare with someone else's address that they know to have FTTP (you can work something out from the TBB coverage maps which are also fairly dated), then put your own data in when you're redirected to a provider. The initial search query shouldn't be passed over.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules