Sponsored Links

FTTP Query

Dear all,

I hope you're all well in these weird times!

I've noticed recently that FTTP is being deployed in my village (Newton Poppleford) which is on the Colaton Raleigh (WWCRAL) exchange. There hasn't been much movement recently, with only small patches of fibre deployed overhead in random parts of the exchange area, with no properties being able to order. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for FTTP to be deployed and ready to order?

Cheers,

Will

It varies, by.. a lot. I usually give them up to 12-18 months for live service from the point where the network deployment begins, but these days it can be considerably quicker to put a new community live. However, all sorts of problems can crop up on the ground, such as issues with access, power supplies and blocked cable ducts.

Sponsored Links
Our build started on 22nd March 2017 and still not completed due to problems with new poles needed replacing, road closures (which need council planning) blocked ducts to clear. The list goes on but as others have said circumstances will determine just how long.

You are listed in the Area 3 Market Towns and Villages Build Programme and are connected to the Fibre First in Exmouth and Ottery St Mary. With OR making good progress now. I'd say it was quite promising that you will have it sometime next year.

Thanks, Meatball. Just curious, where did you find out this information? We don't desperately need it (line rate of 55/8), but will be nice to get off this ancient infrastructure! Does anyone know if there's a page showing how a FTTP network is built, because some areas have had FTTP up for a month and still no movement?

Sponsored Links
Finally got my FTTP installed today after a 3 year wait.
Due to problem after problem it has been a very long time but today I am a happy bunny.:)

FTTP 1st Test.jpg

Your ping is a little higher than I expected on FTTP. It's not bad by any means but 1-4ms is achievable on FTTP.

Your ping is a little higher than I expected on FTTP. It's not bad by any means but 1-4ms is achievable on FTTP.
It depends where he lives. Just sending a light pulse down a fibre and back (at 2/3 speed of light) takes about 1ms for every 100km.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I'm happy to announce that the first properties on our exchange can now order FTTP. However, checking their UPRN shows 330/50 not 1000/220 FTTP, does this mean that this is the fastest speed OR are going to offer on our exchange? I wouldn't complain, it's better than the 55/8 I get now (FTTP has been built to our property but it is still yet to go live).

Ive not had much dealings with FTTP from a end user perspective but IIRC if your on ECI kit then the max is the 330 product where Huawei will do the higher speeds.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules