Sponsored

Fttp switch

Ciaranmck

Currently with Plusnet fttp trial 80/20 and on checking deals have seen BT is offering the 150/30 for the same price plus cashback and reward card. Went to order online and got errors on BT site and after a few phones calls and misinformation have been told I need to cancel my Plusnet and as soon as I get this date then I can order BT but then there would be a break in service of a few days which I am not keen on. Has anyone had issues such as this is changing fttp provider?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
At present there is a bit of an issue with switching FTTP providers as Ofcom's current rules aren't fully adapted to it (they're working on that). In your case you'd also be moving from a trial service, which may complicate matters as Plusnet might not have the right systems in place yet to manage such a switch.

Sadly we haven't see many switches in the FTTP market yet (it's fairly young as a scale service), but it might be worth popping an email in to providers like Zen Internet, iDNET, Freeola, Aquiss etc. to see if the cancellation approach is your only option.

Freeola

ISP Rep
Hi,
Cancellation shouldn't be your only option. We can migrate Openreach based FTTP or if you have a 4 port ONT we can activate the service on one of the spare ports (usually within 24 hours) and you can then cancel the existing service. If you have a newer single port ONT then migration is the way. We are literally just rolling out the changes needed for migrations to our website so a call to us would be needed at the moment.

aquiss

ISP Rep
FTTP migrations are a simple process and currently account for about 50% of our orders coming through our website. The processes are certainly in place and Openreach can handle them with ease, however, it does depend if the service provider is supporting the process.

Ciaranmck

Thanks for replies. Reason I was changing was because BT were offering 150 for slightly more expensive than I was paying already but all other suppliers are at least £10 month more expensive. Will wait until the fttp switch process has been refined and then see what way to go. Speed is ok for me at the minute but Plusnet router not great so maybe mesh WiFi system may be better purchase

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2653)
  2. FTTP (2460)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1663)
  5. Politics (1542)
  6. Openreach (1512)
  7. Business (1326)
  8. FTTH (1234)
  9. Statistics (1155)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1128)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (973)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (972)
  14. Wireless Internet (972)
  15. Virgin Media (935)
  16. EE (649)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (600)
  20. 3G (438)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules