Sponsored Links

FTTPoD

skoya

Hi,

In 2018, it was announced that BT would be rolling out FTTP in Bishop's Stortford. However, 3 years later the best I am offered is FTTPoD at a significant cost. I know its in the town but I cannot seem to request it. I looked on Openreach's availability tool and there is no offer of it.

Cerberus Network is offering FTTPoD but it costs £250 just to find out how much the install will cost. Can anyone advise as what to do other than just wait until the street pole is covered by BT eventually?

Your only option is too wait or try a community fibre partnership postcode check to see what Openreach have FTTP planned, if no plans then you can try to get a CFP started.

I recall Openreach announcing a G.fast deployment for that location, but that was just before they put that whole roll-out on hold in order to focus on FTTP.

I haven't seen Openreach announce FTTP for the same location yet, but they don't always name-drop the smaller places.

I believe Virgin Media were also expanding their network in that location.

Sponsored Links
Id wait and see as 2025 is the date of when openreach turn off old copper network. Im not far from bs and waiting for gov announcement tomorrow. fttp is in some houses around my village, but lots are fttc and have crappy speeds.

Thanks all, I have asked our local community but I don't think there is much demand given most of the area is already serviced by Virgin Media. I know it seems like a luxury but I think its important to have some competition rather than held to one provider, in this case, Virgin Media.

Assuming Virgin Media does open their network up to wholesale later this year, then you might get a wider choice of ISP.

Thanks all, I have asked our local community but I don't think there is much demand given most of the area is already serviced by Virgin Media. I know it seems like a luxury but I think its important to have some competition rather than held to one provider, in this case, Virgin Media.
Think your lucky you have two networks to go on. We are in a village not far from bishops stortford and openreach dont care about us.

Sponsored Links
Id wait and see as 2025 is the date of when openreach turn off old copper network. Im not far from bs and waiting for gov announcement tomorrow. fttp is in some houses around my village, but lots are fttc and have crappy speeds.
2025 is the date for PSTN closure, not copper.

Lit fibre are now on their way to our post code in the next few months so fingers crossed. Gigaclear seem to be doing a great job outside bishop’s stortford. Seems Hertfordshire is really behind the times in promoting or making it easier for fttp companies.

Sponsored Links
No issues with latency affecting streaming here on 4g, other than the stream needing an extra few seconds to start there is no difference. Can do two 4K streams no problem.

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules