Sponsored Links

Gaming

Hello

I am getting ISDN on Tuesday and just wonderd what the best isp is for Quake 3 Arena.

Would like an unmeterd one, would be nice to have a 2hr+ cut off.

Thanks

Despise

I use fast24, great pings (40ms average on command prompt) and absolutly no cut off what so ever!! Also its ony £15 a month!

Nice reading, for the past hour!

So i am in the same situation as everyone else eh?

I should be getting HH fitted soon, and i was looking for a 128K unmetered ISP, but reading your replies you all reckon that using 64K is exactly the same, sounds odd to me but if you all agree can't argue with that. At the mo im with btanytime and may well change ISP to up my gaming experience, BUT.... who to some mention Vispa are great, outhers say they are rubbish and i should use Fast24, i even read one that said Bt would give pings of 4-60ms. As i play rougue spear mainly, its normally with the USA who seem to have stupid pings of like nothing, the speed it very important otherwise the moody gits just boot u.
Someone just answer who is the best unmtered isp for pings and online gaming?????????????????

Sponsored Links
go with the vispa surf package great ISP
as for the 128k and 64k gaming because ur only sending small packets of info 128k wouldnt make the slightest difference when playing.
128k is good for downloading and uploading though.
oh and get an internal pci card dont use the USB box for gaming it sucks.i got an asuscom isdn link u can get very cheaply about 12 quid from redstore i think theres a link some where on this board or the ISDN one

sounds good idea , but all i hear is that the surftime servers are rubbish!

and not to use an isp who uses them for gaming!

I am with a surftime ISP (intensive) and find my (hlife TFC) ping is now better than it was with SurfAnyTime Silver (FRIACO afaik).
I've used BTInternet a couple of times and found them fairly poxy, but that was about a year ago.

the surf time packages are ok its the 24/7 ones which are crap due to using friaco or something like that anyway

Sponsored Links
that makes sense as far as my experiences go, as both my intensive and surfanytime accounts were 24/7. Surfanytime were ok, just intensive are better for me (surfanytime would prolly be fine tbh, except i got a firewall PC between my games machine and them which presumably adds to my pingage)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules