Sponsored Links

Getting Permission to have Hyperoptic install

james2004k

Casual Member
Hi All,

Little background.
Bought a flat in Jan 2017
Been with sky since Mar 2017

Contacted Hyperoptic as there prices are good and speed is even better.
The estate can only get 38Mbps

I managed to get Hyperoptic interested in installing, freeholder ready to sign a wayleave.

But....

Having trouble with the Resident Management Company (RMC)... They set a pre-requisite before the summer. I had to get 21 leaseholders to agree to it. But issue was I had no contact with any of them. The only thing I could do is put a leaflet through the door.

Now the RMC is not replying to my emails, or to my contact at Hyperoptic. The property management company is also not responding to emails.

Is there anyone thats been through this before who can advise me on what steps I can take to help get this moving along?

:smilet:

A good management company will usually hold occasional residents meetings (not all do) and there are also rules about communicating with residents, although the latter is not legally enforced. Suffice to say that it can be a bit tricky and this is why the Government are proposing some changes, such as a 'right to entry':

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...-to-boost-uk-full-fibre-broadband-and-5g.html

Otherwise the usual process is to identify the company behind the RMC and find out what their formal complaints process is, which should be followed. You might also have some luck with asking other residents and the freeholder to write to the RMC (maybe give them a template letter to sign) in the hope of encouraging a response, although this would be laborious as per your first effort.

Plus I’d ask Hyperoptic if, through their years of experience, they'd had to deal with similar issues and what they would recommend.

As a last resort you could consider court action but generally that sort of thing is only really necessary when pursuing issues related to property damage or disrepair. In this case going to court for a broadband upgrade doesn't really make much sense.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules