Sponsored Links

Gfast Pod, VDSL Extension Pod or could be either?

it is :D and my upload is faster than when I had 500mbit VM :LOL:
You must be very lucky to be closer to three mobile to your local mast. Hope u got unlimited usage plan with no cap! If that available to my area I would change from FTTC to Mobile Broadband instead and dump line only. But three network here are bad. Only get speed of 21/7 poor network.

Openreach help on twitter confirmed it is a gfast pod, but couldn't give an estimate on go live date. So will go back to routinely checking the wholesale checker. Reminds me of waiting for FTTC to go live.

You must be very lucky to be closer to three mobile to your local mast. Hope u got unlimited usage plan with no cap! If that available to my area I would change from FTTC to Mobile Broadband instead and dump line only. But three network here are bad. Only get speed of 21/7 poor network.

yep unlimited everything £6 a month (after cashback) cant complain ;D

yep unlimited everything £6 a month (after cashback) cant complain ;D
Please share you secrets and what site u used for cashback :D my dad needs a new phone contract and he uses a fair bit of data :)

Please share you secrets and what site u used for cashback :D my dad needs a new phone contract and he uses a fair bit of data :)

Here ya go buddy

Also check the same website for other operators. You might also be able to get some extra cashback via topcashback, and if you've got a Santander 123 account you get some cashback there which brings it closer to £5 a month effective price.

Just a heads up, that deal expires today.

Sponsored Links
Here ya go buddy

Also check the same website for other operators. You might also be able to get some extra cashback via topcashback, and if you've got a Santander 123 account you get some cashback there which brings it closer to £5 a month effective price.

Just a heads up, that deal expires today.
Thanks, I've signed him up as he's fed up with his BT Mobile and EEs netowork antics and down time. Just proves that EE are incapable of servicing a mast. 22 times it was down throughout 2020

Thanks, I've signed him up as he's fed up with his BT Mobile and EEs netowork antics and down time. Just proves that EE are incapable of servicing a mast. 22 times it was down throughout 2020

Check the mast isn't the same one as three though. MBNL operate a mast sharing scheme between three and EE. I have had a few mast issues in 2020 but never a total outage, usually just horrible speeds. But at least one of them is on a totally different mast over 1km away, this I use as a backup in case of emergencies!

Check the mast isn't the same one as three though. MBNL operate a mast sharing scheme between three and EE. I have had a few mast issues in 2020 but never a total outage, usually just horrible speeds. But at least one of them is on a totally different mast over 1km away, this I use as a backup in case of emergencies!
It's an MBNL mast, but there was only once when Three didn't work when EE was out. I use three myslef and it's only gone off once and that was the time.

Also, EE decided it was a good idea to put the (MBNL) mast on a hill and that is the only one that serves our village. You have to walk to the bottom of the village to get 1 bar of HSDPA from the next village over and I live at the top of the village. Thank god for WiFi call tho!!!

Openreach help on twitter confirmed it is a gfast pod, but couldn't give an estimate on go live date. So will go back to routinely checking the wholesale checker. Reminds me of waiting for FTTC to go live.
Yep when FTTC waiting list turn into Available then G.fast should be accept order

Sponsored Links
Those speeds are a dream to me...... Openreach wont do anything tho and its a long long long long long long long long long long long long time before i get FTTP up here in cullingworth :)

I have G.Fast, cabinet is across the road from my house. I get 300mb down and 50mb up and I love it. Just a shame the technology has limited reach.

It's definitely GFast. Found out earlier a neighbour works for Openreach and they had been asking around in work. Estimated Go Live date of April 1st.

Is there a way to guesstimate potential speeds based off of VDSL line stats?

Is there a way to guesstimate potential speeds based off of VDSL line stats?

Nope. I got full speed VDSL and slower G.Fast than VDSL.

That's a VDSL Sidepod.
It contains a Huawei MA5818 DSLAM and can hold 4 x 64 port VDSL2 line cards.

They appear on codelook as "VDSL Sidepod" when live.

They no longer install 2nd DSLAM's (or 3rd, i know of a couple PCP's with 3 DSLAM's) but use these sidepods instead.
There are now thousands of these in the network.

As the articles on ISPReview point out, there has been no new G.Fast areas announced since... 2018?
Not a single G.Fast pod has been installed since the end of 2019.

They use the same identical exterior pods they used for G.Fast for VDSL expansion and for Subtended Head-Ends.

Thinkbroadband have images of a Nokia S.H.E in 1 of these pods on a PCP.

That's a VDSL Sidepod.
It contains a Huawei MA5818 DSLAM and can hold 4 x 64 port VDSL2 line cards.

They appear on codelook as "VDSL Sidepod" when live.

They no longer install 2nd DSLAM's (or 3rd, i know of a couple PCP's with 3 DSLAM's) but use these sidepods instead.
There are now thousands of these in the network.

As the articles on ISPReview point out, there has been no new G.Fast areas announced since... 2018?
Not a single G.Fast pod has been installed since the end of 2019.

They use the same identical exterior pods they used for G.Fast for VDSL expansion and for Subtended Head-Ends.

Thinkbroadband have images of a Nokia S.H.E in 1 of these pods on a PCP.
Appreciate the info, even if it is a bit of a killjoy :LOL:

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules