Sponsored

Gigabit vouchers, what is the minimum company size/home office?

Alex_UK

Casual Member
Hi guys,

Just checking what is the criteria for the installation costs vouchers as we are 2 people working as a ltd company with the company registered address as a home address as it is home office based most of the time where we offer consultancy?

Would the vouchers apply for something like that? I've got a quote of £4k to install FTTPOD at the moment and was hoping to use the vouchers to fund part of that installation.

I've emailed the guys from https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/ but so far 1 week later and no sign of a reply.

Thanks!

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
If your company is registered to your home address (Companies House) then in legal terms that property is now your business, thus I believe you would qualify for a voucher. Somebody correct me if wrong but that's my understanding.

The scheme is intended to be fairly flexible.

Alex_UK

Casual Member
I spoke to the guys from cerberus as I saw it here they have a lot of experience with FTTPOD and the vouchers and it seems to be in line with what you said, as long it is registered with a business bank account at the address then it should be fine. I most likely will take that route.

All i had to supply was my UTR and a copy of supplier invoice with my address (home) on it. No need for company registration numbers or business bank accounts.

Now, according to my lease line supplier, my voucher application has been successful and now been issued to my supplier.

Alex_UK

Casual Member
All i had to supply was my UTR and a copy of supplier invoice with my address (home) on it. No need for company registration numbers or business bank accounts.

Now, according to my lease line supplier, my voucher application has been successful and now been issued to my supplier.
Cool, thanks for letting me know. I'll do the same

No worries.

I think it can sometimes be dependant on what providers are asking for, regardless of what the scheme requires.

You should get an email direct from the GBVS about your provider requesting the voucher (you cannot apply direct) which has all the requirements on it, along with a space to upload your proof, which you then email back to the scheme. They will then let your provider know if it has been accepted.

With regard to the UTR, I emailed them a copy of my last tax statement.

You can't get more official than that!

OliverWales

ISP Rep (British Fibre Networks)
Above is all correct. You can even have your business registered at your accountants but the business is based at your home address or small offices etc.
They're flexible so long as you're genuinely a business they'll work with you for the right proof.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules