Sponsored

Gigaclear Progress in Fastershire area?

sheephouse

Top Member
With regard to Mitcheldean/Longhope, I think most if not all of the build is done? I watched it on one.network some weeks ago - and looking at Thinkbroadband's map, it is shown as live across Mitcheldean and Longhope.

rubbra

Casual Member
Interesting! I had the fibre laid to my house (on the A40) last February, but Gigaclear keep saying no, come back another day.

sheephouse

Top Member
Interesting! I had the fibre laid to my house (on the A40) last February, but Gigaclear keep saying no, come back another day.
I would contact both Gigaclear's build-care team, and Fastershire, by e-mail and ask what's causing the delay. I doubt you will get any useful response but it might just wake somebody up. If you have the POT ready to fibre up then Gigaclear are losing money by not connecting you.

sheephouse

Top Member
Letters have now gone out to residents in the Stroat build area (in the December community meeting these were promised for early January).
However, they are generic letters containing nothing specific to the Stroat build, and the only date mentioned is "the coming months".

sheephouse

Top Member
More progress! The TTB maps now show new live connections in Beachley, Sedbury, Coleford and Clearwell.
There are community meetings planned for several more build areas - including Netherend (where the build is well underway), Bream, and Highfield (in Lydney).
Frustratingly, there is stil no sign of any planned works in my area!

sheephouse

Top Member
Well, another month, and the Netherend build is progressing very well. The cabinet has been powered for some time, and is just awaiting the backhaul. I believe Openreach put part of that in place yesterday (Gigaclear are using PIA for part of the build), bringing the fibre from Tutshill past my house to Netherend. I expect Netherend could be live by June.
It is amazing that they decided to build that 4 years after my area was planned, and yet they have managed to almost finish it before they have even started my area!
Meanwhile the Stroat area now has some limited works planned from mid June and into July. As most of the build will require road closures, works should become public 3 months before they can start. The cabinet was planned to go live from early Q3, but even if that does happen I can't see that they will have any houses ready to be connected to it.

sheephouse

Top Member
The TBB maps now show that most of the Tutshill area, and more of the Sedbury area, have gone live.
Work installing the Stroat cabinet now looks as if it will start mid-July (changed from mid-June). So I expect traffic disruption throughout the busiest part of the year for the camping sites in area (such as mine). Given the pent-up demand for staycations this year, the build couldn't be planned for a worse time!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERSPRING
  • Shell Energy £22.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: 12 Months of Norton 360
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*36.52)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Offer Code: SPRUCE20
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERSPRING
  • TalkTalk £29.95 (*39.95)
    Speed: 145Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3218)
  2. BT (2927)
  3. Building Digital UK (1853)
  4. FTTC (1852)
  5. Politics (1835)
  6. Openreach (1751)
  7. Business (1592)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1376)
  9. FTTH (1359)
  10. Statistics (1353)
  11. 4G (1184)
  12. Fibre Optic (1129)
  13. Wireless Internet (1110)
  14. Virgin Media (1102)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1101)
  16. EE (787)
  17. Vodafone (778)
  18. TalkTalk (736)
  19. Sky Broadband (714)
  20. 5G (671)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules