Sponsored

Gigaclear SLA & fault fix times

sheephouse

Top Member
Has anyone had the misfortune to need a repair by Gigaclear? And if so what was your experience?

I had my connection go live two weeks ago - all was good for 14 days. Then it disconnected on Tuesday. I reported the issue, and was told it was a fibre break somewhere outside my premises which would need a splice, and that the fault team would contact me to arrange a time.

Anyway the earliest time is Monday pm. That's effectively a week without internet, and I work from home full time.
Their SLA says "Our standard commitment to you is to always do our best to return service to domestic services within three working days following the report of a break or other terminal problem". In this case they're not even trying to meet that - is that typical?
I'm currently the only person connected to the local drop box, which is next to the distribution cabinet - so I'm unsure whether the break affects other people.

sheephouse

Top Member
Oh well, I can report a happy ending. They have fixed the connection in the POT - apparently there was an engineer in the area so they fixed it.
I'm glad I happened to notice the WAN light had returned, as they hadn't told me and I'd switched back to my old connection so I would otherwise have waited for the engineer next Monday...

sheephouse

Top Member
Dodgy splice by the previous engineer?
I guess so. We lost the connection while my wife was gardening - she would have walked over the POT, which is embedded in a grass bank, so I guess the vibrations could have upset a bad connection.
The way Gigaclear seem to do the build there are a lot of connection points, so a lot of splices (NTE to outdoor joint box, joint box to POT, POT to drop box, drop box to cabinet). I hope they're not too unreliable...

Pheasant

ULTIMATE Member
It’s not the most robust system really. Built for speed (of install) and low cost.

Anyhow glad they sorted it for you 👍

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £21.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00 (*40.00)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £25.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4004)
  2. BT (3128)
  3. Politics (2085)
  4. Building Digital UK (2007)
  5. Openreach (1948)
  6. FTTC (1915)
  7. Business (1801)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1584)
  9. Statistics (1483)
  10. FTTH (1369)
  11. 4G (1357)
  12. Virgin Media (1263)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1225)
  14. Fibre Optic (1220)
  15. Wireless Internet (1218)
  16. Vodafone (917)
  17. EE (896)
  18. 5G (870)
  19. TalkTalk (812)
  20. Sky Broadband (781)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules