Sponsored Links

Gigacube users?

hexdex

Casual Member
I know there will only be a few Gigacube users out there, but for us, this is a perfect solution to our 3mb standard broadband. We now have it and are getting steady 40mb connections which is a dream for us! However, we are having a few issues and it would be great to reach out to others who have this system.

So please let yourselves be known! :)

I've heard the "Gigacube" marketting term being used with a couple of different 4G and 5G routers, all Huawei and supplied by Vodafone, so it might be handy to know which router model (number) you actually mean and what problems you're having?

Off-hand I think the 4G router is a Huawei B528s-23a and the 5G one is a Huawei 5G CPE Pro – H112-370LTE | 5G (NSA).

Yes it's the 4G B528. It worked well right out the box and is fantastic for us after a fixed BT line giving us a measly 3mb connection. We are lucky enough to be in the middle of nowhere, but in direct sight of the mast about 1km away.

But, the issue we're having is to do with the wired LAN connection which keeps dropping out after anything between 1 min and 8 hours and requires the router to be reset, or simply unplugging and re-plugging the cable . Wireless is flawless, but I use the LAN port on my main PC as it's away from the router. There are no issues with the cable as it worked fine before and is the same with another cable.

Sponsored Links
Obvious first question, have you tried connecting the cable to a different computer to see if the issue reoccurs and to rule out the computer itself as a problem?

Also do you happen to know if the router's admin interface has a connection log (most broadband routers do but mobile ones are a bit hit and miss on the diagnostics front)? If so then it's worth seeing what the device reports when the issue occurs.

Have you reported this problem to Vodafone? If so it might also be worth asking / checking to see if there's a new firmware update available to try.

Make sure that ethernet is set to "LAN Only" in the routers configuration page as Huawei routers have a tendency to think that the ethernet connection is connected to another router when set to auto mode.

I
I know there will only be a few Gigacube users out there, but for us, this is a perfect solution to our 3mb standard broadband. We now have it and are getting steady 40mb connections which is a dream for us! However, we are having a few issues and it would be great to reach out to others who have this system.

So please let yourselves be known! :)
I am a new Gigacube user.
Its a B528s-23a
Initially I recieved about 30mbps, but over the course of 2 days this fell to 8mbps.
rebooting the unit seems to return the the original 30mbps. Is this normal?
Myprevious landline router only needs rebooting every month or so.

You could be initially connecting on Band 3 but then the router could be changing to band 20 which goes further but is slower. I fix that on my B525 by using Huawei Manager which is a Polish app with no English or LTE V0.2 off Github, another app with less functionality but in English.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I have the Huawei but I ma not in the uk at the moment. Upon my return Ill try what you propose.

The speed issue may well be the Band changing.

The LAN port issue may because Vodafone use CGNAT and it is currently causing Gigacube issues for some Xbox, Mesh systems, PCs etc. My view is that Vodafone disconnects after inactivity so when the router reconnects it gets a new private IP address. You are probably not experiencing the same on WIFi as the devices will reconnect/reset but the device on the LAN port isn't. One person reported that by using two powerline adapters it solved their mesh issue. Another option may be to try a WIFI extender with a port.

Vodafone apparently aware.

I am interested in Gigacube. My house is quite long and I use a Google Mesh at the moment. Has anyone tried Giga cube with Mesh. Don’t see why it won’t work, but who knows!

I can confirm that gigacube works perfectly with Google WiFi. We are using it with 5 x APs. Also gives gigacube less work to do.

Sponsored Links
I have the same lan problem. My gigacube router and wifi connection are perfect.
When I connect a Lan cable from the cube to my powerline adapter is perfectly sending the internet signal to the other adapter. But every night I turn off the gigacube so my children cannot access internet anymore. In the morning when the gigacube is turned on automatically the signal light is green in stead of blue and a I have no connection until I unplug the lan cable ? Then I have to restart the powerline adapters and then i might be lucky to have fixed it. Every morning same problem It's very annoying !

I have the same lan problem. My gigacube router and wifi connection are perfect.
When I connect a Lan cable from the cube to my powerline adapter is perfectly sending the internet signal to the other adapter. But every night I turn off the gigacube so my children cannot access internet anymore. In the morning when the gigacube is turned on automatically the signal light is green in stead of blue and a I have no connection until I unplug the lan cable ? Then I have to restart the powerline adapters and then i might be lucky to have fixed it. Every morning same problem It's very annoying !
Any reason you don't use built-in router parental controls/scheduled internet access settings to disable internet access at certain times for certain devices, rather than turning it of at the mains?

Edit: I've assumed there actually are controls for such things in the gigacube

Hi, I have Gigacube connected to 3 Google WiFi units and Sonos, and it works ok. However, I want to turn off the Gigacube WiFi as I think it is interfering with my Sonos system. I have turned off WiFi in the Home Sense App, but it is stil on and is the WiFi LED on the router.
Anyone know how to stop the WiFi?

On Vodafones own forums you'll find that one problem with the implementation of the Gigacube devices, HAS been that the NAT used can make online gaming difficult!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am trying to connect my GigaCube LAN port to my Apple Airport Time Capsule with no joy :-(.

Would anyone know what settings I need to have set on the GigaCube?

I would like to add the GigaCuba to my LAN network so other devices can access the Web.

Thanks

P.s

This is the second time I have posted this problem as not sure if the last post was to the correct forum.

Jeff

What issues are you facing exactly?

You should be able to connect the LAN port on the gigacube to the WAN port of the airport. The gigacube may need forcing to 'LAN only' within its 'ethernet' settings page, and you may need to configure the airport to accept DHCP on its WAN port if its not already (the gigacube will try assign the an IP to the airport).

But, the issue we're having is to do with the wired LAN connection which keeps dropping out after anything between 1 min and 8 hours and requires the router to be reset, or simply unplugging and re-plugging the cable .

Its not one of those flat cables is it? I've had major issues in the past with them so much I do not use them anymore. Trust me, if its flat find an alternative round cable.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules