Sponsored

Going downhill?

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
I got some eclipse blurb in the post today. Annoying bit of card trying to get me on the phone package and move to evo 2.

Whats even more annoying, its got unlimited in big letters, with a small cross and the old subject to fair use policy in small writing at the bottom.

Now I have long touted eclipse for being rocksolid, reliable and good.

Along with some threads on here, as well as on thinkbroadband, it looks like they are slipping in almost every way.

The next customer satisfaction email they send out, I shall be answering it very truthfully :(

deank

Casual Member
me thinks so too!

I think Im in agreement. Lately my connection speeds have been pretty poor (using the basic BT Speed test). Its gone from 300-350, to about 100. I realise that, me being on Evo 1 package, there is some priorities going on esp. in the evening. But this I find poor. Eclipse tech support says that it could be just congestion on the net, as they are having no problems. They also suggest I upgraded to Evo 2 (with another 12mnth tie in). I have also realised that in their T&cs, I have to give 30days notice if I dont want to be a Eclipse Customer anymore. I used to have their CPS (Talkmore) package, but Im not getting the most out of it (now). So I asked to cancel, they said thats fine....in 30 days! I work in the telco industry and I KNOW that it takes 10 days for switching provider. Luckyly BE have just enabled my exchange, so I think I'll be moving to them shortly.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I shall be moving from Eclipse to Be too in the next month or so.

Eclipse are OK, but I've also noticed a drop in speeds recently.

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
I think Im in agreement. Lately my connection speeds have been pretty poor (using the basic BT Speed test). Its gone from 300-350, to about 100. I realise that, me being on Evo 1 package, there is some priorities going on esp. in the evening. But this I find poor. Eclipse tech support says that it could be just congestion on the net, as they are having no problems. They also suggest I upgraded to Evo 2 (with another 12mnth tie in). I have also realised that in their T&cs, I have to give 30days notice if I dont want to be a Eclipse Customer anymore. I used to have their CPS (Talkmore) package, but Im not getting the most out of it (now). So I asked to cancel, they said thats fine....in 30 days! I work in the telco industry and I KNOW that it takes 10 days for switching provider. Luckyly BE have just enabled my exchange, so I think I'll be moving to them shortly.

I moved from Eclipse to BE about 5 odd months ago now, i requested my MAC code and then canceled the DD, they never asked for the cancelation fee (i took free installation and canceled within 12 months, they also never asked for £14.99 for a final months fee), there again i was a bit of a bitch to them on the phone.

onephat

ULTIMATE Member

deank

Casual Member
I moved from Eclipse to BE about 5 odd months ago now, i requested my MAC code and then canceled the DD, they never asked for the cancelation fee (i took free installation and canceled within 12 months, they also never asked for £14.99 for a final months fee), there again i was a bit of a bitch to them on the phone.
So what are they like? Have you had any problems, and package are you on? and what are you speeds like esp. in the evening?

cheers

silvester

I went over to Eclipse after finally running out of patience with the parasitic 'business' that calls itself 'Ezeedsl'.

I have to say I've not been given any cause to complain yet. Reliable connection, acceptable (if quite variable) speeds and a straightforward and reasonably fast migration at the beginning leads me to recommend them just now. I'm on a monthly contract so if things go t*ts up, I can easily escape though I see no reason to worry so far.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Eclipse's service maybe slowly degrading, but it is still pretty reliable and a reasonably good service - it's not even in the same class as EzeeDSL/Biscit/old V21/etc.

Whilst longer-term users of Eclipse may be noticing some worrying trends (I've been with them for about 2 years I thinks), new users from the likes of EzeeDSL will inevitably be happier with Eclispe since their recent experiences seem to be so much worse.

nitrogen

Top Member
I have been without a connection all evening tonight and it's not my router as I contacted a friend and she has no connection either.

I have now used my MAC code which I was holding in reserve to see if the service picked up.

I have had enough of Eclipse with their slowness and poor email service.

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
ive been with eclipse for 18 months no major problems apart from email retrival can take two or tree attempts, moved to gmail and problem solved..

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2291)
  3. FTTC (1687)
  4. Building Digital UK (1626)
  5. Politics (1456)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1272)
  8. FTTH (1124)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1067)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (925)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules