Does what it says on the tin.
:nod:
Keep up the good service.

Good Honest Broadband From Yorkshire,
Does what it says on the tin.
:nod:
Keep up the good service.

No doubt about it! :nod:

Not all their customers seem to agree. There have been a lot of angry posts about them on here recently.

Sponsored Links
Result of speedtest taken on BBMax speedtester 6th February 2011 15:30:25, 365 Kbps up, 6586 Kbps down. This is on an up to 8MB tariff.

Hello Captain, Plusnet is the site everyone just likes to knock. A few years ago I also laughed with them.
Now I hold them in highest esteem. I'm certainly glad I moved in with this great ISP. They're the best in town. ;)

Speed is not everything, customer service when things go wrong is what I value most.

BTW I get similar speeds to you on my ISP, but my parents, who live 400m nearer to the exchange, get only 2Mb from their Plusnet line.
Plusnet claim that this is because the exchange is over subscribed.........

BTW I get similar speeds to you on my ISP, but my parents, who live 400m nearer to the exchange, get only 2Mb from their Plusnet line.
Plusnet claim that this is because the exchange is over subscribed.........

Don't suppose you know what their username is so I can take a look?

Captain, you're so right about Customer Service.

When they advertised they couldn't be beaten I contacted them via their online portal. After a few minutes telling them about what I paid AOL and what I received in turn, they stopped the communication. I tried to contact them again but for some reason they'd blocked me.

I would not leave AOL to go these people and that's because of the aforementioned experience.

Sometimes its better the devil you know.

Sponsored Links
Don't suppose you know what their username is so I can take a look?

I am afraid I dont, they wont let me play with it, but I ran a speedtest while they werent looking and got 1.1Mb.

My step father "always knows best" and gets aggressive if someone tries to say he is wrong.
I have given up trying to correct him when he says the George Cross is the flag of Wales.:crap:

I ran their number through the BT system and it came back saying 6Mb was possible.

Captain, you're so right about Customer Service.

When they advertised they couldn't be beaten I contacted them via their online portal. After a few minutes telling them about what I paid AOL and what I received in turn, they stopped the communication. I tried to contact them again but for some reason they'd blocked me.

I would not leave AOL to go these people and that's because of the aforementioned experience.

Perhaps you can elaborate on this as I'm not sure exactly what you mean? There's no way we'd intentionally prevent you contacting us! Neither are we in the habit of not responding to sales queries, so I'm a little confused by this.

Nothing much to add to what I have already typed.

I went onto the chat portal and had a conversation with a woman who cut me off after being unable to compete with the package I had already.

I tried to re-enter the chat but was blocked from doing so.

Ah, I see - That'll be the 'Live Person' service on our website. If I'm honest I'm not overly accustomed with it, but I suppose it wouldn't be overly unusual for the software to have something in place to prevent it being abused.

It's a shame for something like that to have tarnished your opinion of us :(

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules