Sponsored Links

Good quality email providers

Most of our clients take their email services independently and so we don't provide that. However, not all; we have a few customers for whom we supply, and because it's such a small part of the business, those are simply provisioned on a Heart Internet reseller package - IMAP or Exchange boxes.

However - this isn't to degenerate Heart Internet particularly - mailboxes on a shared platform are always vulnerable to blacklist inclusion and recipient blocking/filtering if just a small percentage of the other people on that server misbehave.

Getting emails delivered to the BT, Yahoo and AOL platforms is a challenge at the best of times and now and again some of our clients find themselves "punished" for the misdemeanours (sending spam) of others who aren't even our clients.

People tend not to want to pay for email these days, it's one of those "bundled" things many get for nothing, yet, I'm looking around at business mail reseller offerings that are good quality thinking that spammers are less likely to go with services they have to pay (more) for.

We have run our own mail server in the past but given the volumes of this are so low and it isn't ten years ago where people expected that "all in one" service, even though this would enable us to guarantee quality, it isn't somewhere we'd go now. It's just too much hassle.

Any suggestions for decent providers?

I have to deal with a similar problem, but short of building our own separate server via a private link I've not been able to find an economical solution that doesn't also involve the need to move our whole website / domains at the same time.

Otherwise nearly all of the other hosted email solutions will at some point touch a shared server, which as you say can easily end up being blacklisted. It's a constant problem having to deal with blocks because some idiot using the same server may have spammed or an automated filter marks your email as spam because it contains a single link and this eventually gets you blacklisted.

Even the forum registration system, which requires email validation, is often getting caught by spam filters despite being legitimate. Meanwhile most end-users don’t ever bother to white list domains that they trust.

I found GoDaddy fairly reliable over the years however their customer support has become worse recently and their prices have gone up. So not sure this is a good idea any more.
I'd never recommend Heart - they seem bad from all my dealings with them. Lost cost, low quality and poor support.

Office 365 is amazing! but expensive per mailbox. You do get native sync of calendar and contacts though.

Maybe look at TSOHost ? Or a smaller provider who might not suffer from spam issues or can solve them well if it happens.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Sponsored Links
Office 365 is a viable option and indeed some of our clients use it already.

Although we're "Microsoft Partners" and could re-sell that, I have no intention of going there; it would only make any profit with large volumes in turn necessitating people to support it (it being probably more than 'just email').

A colleague deals with reselling Office and other Microsoft products - that's his business - would have me tearing my hair out in a short space of time. I wonder about a possible partnership with him or someone similar.

Email is a bit like broadband - thought to have a notional value of zero, it is free, but then the moment something goes wrong, expecting someone to answer a call in three rings and spend half an hour trying to work out why AOL just won't accept an inbound email and liaising with their postmaster (best of luck with that).

We can go one of two ways:

1. Wash our hands of it and do not supply email to anyone. "If you can't do it well, don't do it at all".

2. Supply a high(er) priced quality service we can support and make a profit from to the few prepared to pay a reasonable amount.

I shall explore (2) first.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules