Sponsored

Goodbye Nildram

arwenthecat

Top Member
After almost 2 years I'm moving on all because of the dreaded Tiscali which owns Pipex and thus Nildram. I have had problems with Nildram but they have all been exchange upgrade related and Nildram have always been prompt and helpful. I like talking to someone I can understand and as Tiscali are going to use a call centre of-shore then that's me gone. I'm now on Fast (not Fast4) and the change over was painless. The few queries (direct debit/Hometalk) I've had with Nildram since moving have all been sorted out promptly even though I've left them. It is a shame that the small ISP's are getting gobbled up. Fast will no doubt follow suit in the years to come. Speed wise from Fast I'm getting 5M which is the limit on my line so I'm happy. Any problems are my end because of ongoing rewiring in my house. I have to turn the power off and thus the router off which screws up the 10 days training period. But it seems to be coping.
I feel sorry for all the Nildram staff who will be heading for the Job Centre.

hardboiled

Casual Member
Can't blame you and that's exactly the my sentiments too. I want to know who I'm dealing with before I sign and be told if they're being taken over.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Ermm how did you even find a post from Feb 2008?

As for Nildram / Pipex / Tiscali - weren't they bought out by Talk Talk?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
It's not hard, that's the same year that most people (like myself) left Nildram (shortly after Tiscali took over the reins). As a result this section became a bit inactive after 2008 :) . Yes Nildram are now ultimately owned by TalkTalk, but still on Tiscali's part of their platform.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • Post Office £20.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2652)
  2. FTTP (2457)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1662)
  5. Politics (1541)
  6. Openreach (1511)
  7. Business (1325)
  8. FTTH (1231)
  9. Statistics (1153)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1128)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (973)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (972)
  14. Wireless Internet (971)
  15. Virgin Media (935)
  16. EE (649)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (600)
  20. 3G (438)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules