Sponsored Links

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Pre-ordered from Amazon about a week ago (£29.99 + about £2 p+p).

It should arrive soon after my baby (I do hope it's not true that babies are affected by what they hear whilst still in the womb, since I've been hammering Vice City recently) :)

Incidentally, I notice the release date has been put back from 22nd to 29th October (not exactly a Half-Life-2 scale of delay, I know).
 
Sponsored Links
akbray said:
Pre-ordered from Amazon about a week ago (£29.99 + about £2 p+p).

It should arrive soon after my baby (I do hope it's not true that babies are affected by what they hear whilst still in the womb, since I've been hammering Vice City recently) :)

Incidentally, I notice the release date has been put back from 22nd to 29th October (not exactly a Half-Life-2 scale of delay, I know).


akbray, I always thought you were a man :confused:
 
rruwalton said:
akbray, I always thought you were a man :confused:

That's what my gf says!

I am - it's my gf who will give birth this month (but I am assuming it's my baby :) )

I've been driving her mad by taking over the TV every so often to play either GTA3 or VC - she knows it's going to get worse when GTA:SA is released!!
 
akbray, you remind me of the Charles Hawtrey character in Carry on Matron - pregnancy through proxy :D

Anyway best wishes :)
 
Should get VC on the pc, its amazing how much better it looks, and you can get custom cars from the net, gives it a new lease of life.

Best thing is the gunship now modded as airwolf on mine ;)
 
Sponsored Links
rruwalton said:
akbray, you remind me of the Charles Hawtrey character in Carry on Matron - pregnancy through proxy :D

I know I put weight on, but that's a bit mean :)

Anyways, back (more-or-less) on topic

Has anyone bothered to do all of the things you have to in order to get 100% complete on GTA:VC or GTA3?

I've done all of the the storyline missions, got all of the hidden packages (only so I could get the military helicopter), done most of the vehicle missions - I just can't be arsed to do all of the Rampages and jumps.

I got to 90-odd %, but every time I think about doing all the jumps I get bored and start shooting people, just to see how long I can survive with the army after me.

Old dude said:
Should get VC on the pc, its amazing how much better it looks

Not on my PC, which, in terms of processing power, would be beaten by an abacus. That's why I bought the PS2 - so I don't have to spend a fortune keeping my PC up to date,
 
Last edited:
Ah, fair enough. I was going to suggest you download one of the 100% save games, but as you dont have the pc version....

Im sure you can download the playstation version too, but how you would get it on a memory card I dont know.

Just gotta say, its fun cruising along the streets (and over water) in a hovering delorean. And going about in Kitt (knight rider).
 
Old dude said:
Ah, fair enough. I was going to suggest you download one of the 100% save games, but as you dont have the pc version....

Im sure you can download the playstation version too, but how you would get it on a memory card I dont know.

That would be too much like cheating to me. I completed the game as far as I could before I started using the cheats (such as low gravity etc) purely for fun.

The only 'cheating' I did was to use a map to guide me to the last 15 hidden packages that I just couldn't find. Then I used the helicopter to do the vigilante mission and became immensely rich.
 
Oh I didnt cheat, I had done all the missions etc, I just couldnt be bothered to do all the jumps and hold up all the different places. Thats easy, and if its easy and boring, theres not much point.

I found once you done the main missions, all the properties you have churn out enough money easily.

Anyhow, Im looking forward to when they port San A. to the pc.
 
Sponsored Links
Old dude said:
Oh I didnt cheat, I had done all the missions etc, I just couldnt be bothered to do all the jumps and hold up all the different places. Thats easy, and if its easy and boring, theres not much point.

I didn't mean to suggest you did cheat - I just meant that if I was going to have a game with 100% completed, I'd rather do it myself than download it, however dull doing it may be. I was just wondering if anyone here bothered to do the dull bits.

Old dude said:
I found once you done the main missions, all the properties you have churn out enough money easily.

True, but it is annoying the way you have to regularly drive round the city to collect the money - I hope they've changed this in SA - I'll let you know!.

I ended up potless at one stage because I couldn't be bother driving all the way around town to get the money.
 
No offence taken. Didnt wanted to be thought of one of those that gets a game and immediatly goes on the net for the cheats-hate that.

What the hell did you spend the money on? All I spent it on once the game was done is car reprays. Unless you picked up helleva lot o ladies..
 
Old dude said:
What the hell did you spend the money on? All I spent it on once the game was done is car reprays. Unless you picked up helleva lot o ladies..

Usually, rocket launchers and other higher-spec weapons so that I could shoot the police copters/FBI etc to get to the highest wanted level quickly. I also spent a lot of money on the long race you can start at the car dealership, becuase I wanted to win it in a car other than the one you eventually get when you've stolen all the cars to order.

I don't use the respray garage any more as I like playing cat-and-mouse with the army.
 
Don't know either of those games.

I like the Splinter Cell games and Fifa 2004 (with all of it's bugs).
 
Sponsored Links
i completed it on the PS2 and PC - do everything apart from all the jump - can find some

if u do the police mission and get to the airport - you jump out the car witht the mini gun and shoot the cars - they blow up - get back in car for 2 secs and the next cars will spawn beside you !
you can do this as many times as you want - i've do it a few times - gotting upto level 30 -40 in no time

can't wait for the new 1 to come out on the PC
 
What platforms best PS2 or PC do people think?

Anyone know a realese date in the UK for the PS3 yet, i will be buying me one of them babies hehe.
 
Depends on your point of view - the games may be a bit better on a PC, but you have to spend a fortune on upgrading it to keep up with the latest games.

A PS2 costs £100 - you can add bits and pieces of hardware such as networking (which will soon come as standard) but basically, that's it.

Don't know about the PS3, but I'll get one about 1 or 2 years after release when the price has dropped a bit.
 
Top
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Gift: None
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Gift: None
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Gift: None
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Gift: None
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
Gift: None
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Gift: None
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules