Sponsored

Has Breathe reduced Maxsurf bandwidth?

JaXanim

Casual Member
I don't know if I used the right terms, but some unusual things started happening today with my Breathe/Maxsurf connection. I'm getting time outs or connection warnings if I run any bit torrents in the background. This never happened before, just started today. Is it likely that Breathe are throttling back their temporary free service to us would be migrants? I'm not complaining, just asking. I think Breathe have done a terrific job for Maxsurfers and I'm just grateful to have a connection. I don't know anything about the technicalities, so if this is the answer I've learned something.

JaX

tracker

ULTIMATE Member
I would suspect that for those not paying breathe for their connections, some sort of 'throttling' would be in order...after all breathe are in this to make money and they're hardly gonna do that if free-loaders eat up all the bandwidth to the detriment of paying customers are they now...not that I blame you all for getting what you can for nowt...but torrenting...c'mon play fair :D

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Or there could be problems with the supplier as seems there are some on fast4 having similar issues and they use Eurisp. Try changing your DNS settings to openDNS settings and see if it helps.

http://www.opendns.com/

JaXanim

Casual Member
- - - - - - and they're hardly gonna do that if free-loaders eat up all the bandwidth - - - - -
Calling Maxsurfers 'freeloaders' is a bit harsh. Remember why we're in this s--t cart! I'm simply waiting to migrate to Sky while my connection holds out. I guess you answered my question, thanks.

JaX

tracker

ULTIMATE Member
Calling Maxsurfers 'freeloaders' is a bit harsh. Remember why we're in this s--t cart! I'm simply waiting to migrate to Sky while my connection holds out. I guess you answered my question, thanks.

JaX
I didn't call Maxsurfers Freeloaders...I called Freeloaders Freeloaders...as in all generalisations I may make..My advice would be...if the cap fits...wear it...if it doesn't fit don't assume a personal attack on yourself or any other person take it as the generalisation it was intended :p

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2301)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1628)
  5. Politics (1463)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1132)
  9. Statistics (1120)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1071)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (933)
  13. Wireless Internet (932)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules