Sponsored

Have F4 done you wrong?

Have F4 done you wrong?

• Yes, I have or will take it further.

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Yes, but can't be bothered about doing anything.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No, Nothing's wrong with F4.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

mp34life

Casual Member
I took them to the ASA...and won (I have letter to prove) the way things are going they will be shut down as every regulatory body seems to be gunning for them now (serves them right for lies & shoddy service)

5atan

The two who think there is nothing wrong with fast4,
may not have a company to lie for by the end of the week

Last edited:

Capped4

Pro Member
The two who think there is nothing wrong with fast4,
may not have a company to lie for by the end of the week
And to the "can't be bothered voters", although I see that ,once sorted to your satisfaction it may seem little point in carrying this further and you've had enough unfair stress already. This is why bodies such as ofcom do not get enough evidence to act.You could be the 1% (no pun intended) that would have allowed them to act. This is not just about fast4, it is about consumers regaining the right to fair and lawful service. Often we talk about consumer law having no teeth and firms being allowed to function above the law - if you don't push for your own rights, you can't complain if others won't on your behalf. Your new provider (and who knows who else?) may be watching the fast4 saga unfold with a view to using similar tactics. Stand up to it now,stamp it out -don't let it spread

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
me l cant do anything about them, all l know is EurISP went downhill as soon as they opened for business, since l was with the supplier theres not much l can do about the Visp.

Capped4

Pro Member
I take great exception to being accused of lying. Please moderate your criticisms to avoid offence.
Hi, carstairs, I see from previous posts that you are a Fast4 dial up customer (assume that's still the case?)
I actually looked up your profile thinking "this guy can't be serious!"
I had completely forgotten about dial up customers who would have been completely unaffected by the recent BB fiasco.
As they say "speak as you find" If I was getting the service I received when I joined, I would be over the moon still with fast4 .
IMO they have handled a change appallingly, although I can see why the changes had to occur.
If the changes have not affected you, then I can see why you would still be happy with them.

5atan

Correct I was implying that the two positive (now three) were/are from employees
As I cannot imagine anyone using fast4, reading this forum could post positive, considering the evidence against them.
The unlawful way the have changed the cap again and considering that I personally have downloaded less than HALF A GIG this month still have a connection running at ~ max 5Kbs
I signed up to fast4 after the 500Gb cap had been removed, after ringing them to confirm that P to P was OK and being assured it was
Pray tell me I am at fault for requiring my restriction to 5Kbs lifted and let me have normal speed at least up to 15 Gig As per their new unlawful T&C’s?

Or do think they are right?

5atan

Hi, carstairs, I see from previous posts that you are a Fast4 dial up customer (assume that's still the case?)
I actually looked up your profile thinking "this guy can't be serious!"
I had completely forgotten about dial up customers who would have been completely unaffected by the recent BB fiasco.
As they say "speak as you find" If I was getting the service I received when I joined, I would be over the moon still with fast4 .
IMO they have handled a change appallingly, although I can see why the changes had to occur.
If the changes have not affected you, then I can see why you would still be happy with them.
Yes but ticking "No, Nothing's wrong with F4."
after reading even a small percentage of the forum posts!!!!

IveBeenDone4

Everyone is entitled to one's own opinion, Some like me are deeply angered by the way things have just taken a turn for the worse.

As for others who are honestly not affected, well then thats ok too - Although I personally feel that only time will tell for the "No, Nothings wrong with F4" camp.

Unfortunately, It would appear that alot of us (including me) have become suspicious of "Votes" that are not inline with general trend and the possibility of a "True" customer case of not having any problems is quite a shock.

Apologies, to all for speaking as a "Whole" - I just thought it needed to be said to avoid upsetting anybody.

Just proves that this poll is worthwhile.

Eezageeza

Well, in the interests of balance, what are Fast4 guilty of really? They have had some trouble with poor speeds in the past. This was EurISP's fault (although our contract was/is with Fast4 though) and they have changed their backbone supplier now. It may also have been due to some "extra heavy" users overloading their capacity (although agreed they should not have promised something they couldn't deliver). So there really remains 2 issues:

1. Misleading advertising (i.e. no contract, but it costs £80 to leave within 12 months!).
2. Moving us over to a lesser product with insufficient warning.

This lesser product now makes them less attractive (O2 broadband and Entanet resellers are clearly better deals now). So, it's still probably true that many of their customers who are now experiencing more stable speeds probably aren't quite so bothered by the above 2 points, and it's just a few of their customers (i.e. us lot) who are shouting about it all. I guess we should be careful that we don't make this forum degenerate into too much of a slagging match!

(I fully expect heated reaction to this post!)

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
you know whats weird.. even tho you have moved backbone, the problems are still there! slow speeds etc havent changed from what l have read... lm not saying EurISP didnt have problems but it seems Fast4 still retains most of the issues it had on the old backbone... wondering if this means anything?

Eezageeza

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I think that not all customers moved over to MurphX at the same time, so some were still getting the old crappy EurISP service. I haven't read of people having speed problems with MurphX, unless they have been deliberately reduced to stupidly slow (i.e. sub-modem) speeds.

Eezageeza

I agree with that - and that indicates that whoever is on the board of Fast4 has no business running a company!

IveBeenDone4

F4 Board? - what?? - You cannot be serious??

I thought the company was not responsible to anyone or anything.... :rolleyes: - certainly seems that way... - does the law apply here??....

Er, Excuse me Mr Customer, just who do you think you are? Look we take your money and give you "Not a lot" (as in magic!!!)...

No Contract - Yup we don't abide by it..... :rolleyes:
No Exit fees - Yup another one.... :rolleyes:
No Nonsense - :eek:

Crumbs, at this moment in time I have lost sight of the earth, As I am being "taken for a ride" on top of Pinocchio's nose...... (sorry Pinocchio no offence for the comparision).

F,W,B,C...... <- sure that may make sense to some (originally suggested by capped4).

5atan

Well, in the interests of balance, what are Fast4 guilty of really? They have had some trouble with poor speeds in the past. This was EurISP's fault (although our contract was/is with Fast4 though) and they have changed their backbone supplier now. It may also have been due to some "extra heavy" users overloading their capacity (although agreed they should not have promised something they couldn't deliver). So there really remains 2 issues:

1. Misleading advertising (i.e. no contract, but it costs £80 to leave within 12 months!).
2. Moving us over to a lesser product with insufficient warning.

This lesser product now makes them less attractive (O2 broadband and Entanet resellers are clearly better deals now). So, it's still probably true that many of their customers who are now experiencing more stable speeds probably aren't quite so bothered by the above 2 points, and it's just a few of their customers (i.e. us lot) who are shouting about it all. I guess we should be careful that we don't make this forum degenerate into too much of a slagging match!

(I fully expect heated reaction to this post!)
You may have missed, in my opinion, the one thats making me see red.

All the customers who have downloaded less than the new T&C’s state
And are still on restricted service? ~5Kbs

As I have stated I have downloaded far less than 15Gb (0.797 GigaBytes from the Bandwidth Usage in my members page) and still get ~5Kbs
Surely this also an issue to be unhappy about

Eezageeza

Good point - sorry for missing it. However, it's not clear (at least as far as I can see from these boards) why some people are experiencing this. It seems there are two possiblities. Either there is some technical fault with their system, or they have deliberately applied the 15Gb cap retrospectively to apply from the start of the current month. If this second possiblity is true, I think they will probably be breaking consumer law and you can take them to the small claims court/refer them to Ofcom etc. It might be best to get Fast4's explanation for this. Is Paul (from Fast4) willing to comment on this???

Eezageeza

I thought the company was not responsible to anyone or anything.... :rolleyes: - certainly seems that way... - does the law apply here??....
Well Fast4 is part of NJP Services Ltd, which is a registered company. NJP Services therefore has legal responsibilities, and needs to have directors listed with Companies House. There are strict rules regarding their conduct...

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1424)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules