Sponsored

Have F4 done you wrong?

Have F4 done you wrong?

• Yes, I have or will take it further.

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Yes, but can't be bothered about doing anything.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No, Nothing's wrong with F4.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

IveBeenDone4

Oh yes I couldn't agree more, It was my sarcastic comments.....

If you go through a lot of the documentation, you will find a number of discrepancies within procedures - they have a lot to answer for (legally speaking).

I get so livid when thinking about it, I think it's a sorry state of affairs for a company to not try to resolve the issues with the customers direct.

Unfortunately, This would appear to be where alot of people are being "Played" - as it is possibily assumed that most customers will not do anything further and the process will take some time - and this could account for why I seem to get the "We don't give a F*** about you" attitude from them (just by not writing, not acting and not resolving according to criteria that legally they should).

Last edited:

5atan

cut>> or they have deliberately applied the 15Gb cap retrospectively to apply from the start of the current month. If this second possiblity is true, I think they will probably be breaking consumer law and you can take them to the small claims court/refer them to Ofcom etc. It might be best to get Fast4's explanation for this. Is Paul (from Fast4) willing to comment on this???
this is from the start of the month
You have currently used 0.8 GigaBytes this month. This is calculated by adding 0.684GB of download data to 0.116GB of upload data used this month

Not sure fast4 will make public the fact they're on the forum again, only coming to vote, wow they're psychic there goes one now!!

I have had no explanation from fast4 and CAN ASSURE YOU THEY ARE aware of my problem

Last edited:

Eezageeza

this is from the start of the month
You have currently used 0.8 GigaBytes this month. This is calculated by adding 0.684GB of download data to 0.116GB of upload data used this month
OK, so what you're saying is that the slow speeds seem to be applied even though you are way under even the 15Gb cap. In which case they clearly have another technical problem with your account. What is strange, therefore, is that it's not effecting many other users. I've used 0.94GB and my speeds are ok. Are you still on the EurISP backbone?

Capped4

Pro Member
The official Fast4 reasoning for the "congestion control" is that customer's who, in their opinion, do not fit into their new packages are put "out there in,...........well...............nowhere,really (Paul on the phone to me yesterday) on congestion control"
Also, if you are leaving you don't ,in their opinion fit the new package profile and so end up on C.C
Let's not forget the conflicting advice from customer care, some if not all blatant lies.
There are apparently 5 full-time and one part time,home working, people that make up Fast4.
It would be of interest to know if any voters (pro or anti) were 1st. time posters

5atan

No they changed me to murphx a month or so ago

Below are the tickets

Add Comment

Ticket ID: 163825
From: Customer Via: Members Last Entry: 13/03/2008 18:27:05
Subject: speed
13/03/2008
18:29:13 Customer ~ 5Kbs is not BROADBAND
SO THE QUESTION IS
WHY DO I HAVE NO BROADBAND SERVICE?
13/03/2008
18:27:05 Customer I WANT AN EXPLAINATION

WHY AN I STILL RESTRICTED TO ~5Kbs

CLOSED

Ticket ID: 163542
From: Customer Via: Members Last Entry: 13/03/2008 09:05:06
Subject: FIR: Router setup information provided
13/03/2008
09:05:06 Technical Support Closed.
12/03/2008
20:27:30 Customer close close
12/03/2008
08:33:10 Technical Support Hi Peter,

If you have been supplied a MAC code and provided this already to a new ISP, even if the migration order is set to complete after the MAC code expires, this will not prevent you from migrating to a new ISP - provided the order was placed before the MAC code expiry.

Kind Regards,
Paul
Technical Support
11/03/2008
10:32:19 Customer Set to move on the 26/03/2008
MAC expires on the 23/03 do I need a new MAC?
anyway I''ve paid till past this date anyway,
as for acceping any new contract, WHAT DON''T YOU UNDERSTAND?
we had a contract, you can''t fullfill it, I''m off

10/03/2008
19:43:26 Technical Support You do not currently owe a subscription; the next payment is required for the 30th March however.
10/03/2008
19:43:02 Technical Support We have recently advised customers of a change to our service; we have previously run accounts where there was a fair Usage Policy in place, but this has now changed to a service with a fixed bandwidth allowance per month.
Customers who have a history of using their service within 24GB per month have now been moved automatically to our mid-range £16.95 service where there is a usage allowance of 15GB per month; additional bandwidth can be obtained as a "bolt-on" through the members area, or simply calculated at the end of the billing month at £2 per GB used over the included allowance.

Customers who have historically used over 24GB per month have not been moved to this profile automatically; this is because your usage has generally been much higher than the 15GB or even 30GB services we provide and thus the costs in additional bandwidth to you may be higher than you are expecting or happy to pay.

You have two choices available to you; if you are happy to be moved to one of our new packages, please advise which package you wish to opt for (£16.95 for the 15GB per month usage or £24.95 for the 30GB service) and this can be applied to your account; if however you do not want to be moved toone of these new packages, you can now cancel your account through your members area by following the link for My Account -> Cancel Account directly.

Kind Regards,
Paul
Technical Support

10/03/2008
17:39:58 Customer http://www.speedtest.net/result/244577493.png
LIES..LIES..LIES..LIES..LIES..LIES..LIES..LIES..LIES..LIES..

10/03/2008
17:26:04 Customer Well I''ve only come to expect lies from fast4
You SAY you have removed the speed restriction from me
DO YOU INTENT TO ?
or are you going to keep on lying in the hope that you will get away with it
10/03/2008
17:15:46 Customer are you saying I OWE YOU MONEY?
10/03/2008
14:23:19 Technical Support Considering there has been an issue with your billing since February, I do not see how I can offer you a refund for the restriction imposed at the start of this month; indeed, you will need to update your billing details to ensure further payments can be collected.

Kind Regards,
Paul
Technical Support
10/03/2008
13:14:17 Customer You expect me to accept your apology when you threaten me in the next paragraph!

I require compensation for your incompetence

Is that clear enough

10/03/2008
11:16:24 Technical Support My apologies for this; the speed restriction should have been automatically removed for customers on the 1st March but in some cases, this has not occured - I have however removed the restriction for your account now.

Please note that this restriction will be put in place again if your usage exceeds the FUP throughout this month.

Kind Regards,
Paul
Technical Support

Capped4

Pro Member
No they changed me to murphx a month or so ago

10/03/2008
11:16:24 Technical Support My apologies for this; the speed restriction should have been automatically removed for customers on the 1st March but in some cases, this has not occured - I have however removed the restriction for your account now.

Please note that this restriction will be put in place again if your usage exceeds the FUP throughout this month.

Kind Regards,
Paul
Technical Support
So,has it been removed? or is this the same lie that prompted my call that illicited the response I posted?

I think I just received the next stage scripted response, can anyone get further?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team

Broadband at its best
Trading Standards you are paying fro BB and that is defined as anything over 512K, would send a copy to all Fast4, their ADR, Ofcom aswell.

5atan

So,has it been removed? or is this the same lie that prompted my call that illicited the response I posted?

I think I just received the next stage scripted response, can anyone get further?
YES I am still restricted and have had no reply after asking for three days
As to why I’m on CC

from the top of the tickets I posted earlier, sorry this was not obvious

13/03/2008
18:29:13 Customer ~ 5Kbs is not BROADBAND
SO THE QUESTION IS
WHY DO I HAVE NO BROADBAND SERVICE?
13/03/2008
18:27:05 Customer I WANT AN EXPLAINATION

WHY AN I STILL RESTRICTED TO ~5Kbs

5atan

still no explaination

I asked again this morning

14/03/2008
09:53:09 Customer YES IT''S ME AGAIN
ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER MY QUESTION ????

FOR FOUR DAYS YOU HAVE PLAYED DUMB AND NOT ANSWERED

WHY AM I STILL RESTRICTED TO ~ 5Kbs

Eezageeza

why don't you just phone them? That way they can't ignore you.

MJW

Casual Member
Maybe he hates Telephones? I know I do. And I'm in exactly the same situation as 5atan - I've used under my 15GB monthly limit, but have also become an unwilling member of the "5 kilobytes club"

But, I would still rather write something down sensibly. Over the phone I'd just end up getting angry & abusive which never helps.

That said, I been 'raising tickets' for Britain & that's not helping either. Paul just answers with a smarmy stock response.

I've sent an email to my local Trading Standards.

5atan

just phone them, Paul said there is nothing they can do
They could have made it clear 4 days ago

Eezageeza

so is it some kind of technical problem?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
so is it some kind of technical problem?
Would look that way you request a MAC to migrate out as the new packages don't suit your needs, creates a technical problem and they seem stuck on less than dialup.. :confused:

Would contact all the agencies that deal with ISPs, OFCOM (who will log the complaint they get enough they will contact the ISP and tel them) Fast4 complaints follow the Fast4 rules on complaints also forward the same to Fast4 ADR, Trading Standards might aswell add i the ISPA.

I am not sure just where Fast4 would stand on the views they were paid for Broadband conection and these people seem to suffer speeds below dialup which is not BB. MPO

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
yes but why should one waste even more money not getting the problem fixed as the case seems.

5atan

Got this after the phone call

OUT OF ORDER OR WHAT?

Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 11:58 AM
To: cousens@fast4.net
Subject: Account Scheduled for Closure

Further to your request your account has been scheduled for closure on 15/3/2008 at 23:30hrs.

I replied

The request for closure was, as I remember, you saying you could close the account and me saying that it would make little difference to me (broadband, I have no broadband!!)
did I say do it if you like?

As loose a translation as you seem to have also of the telecom act 2003 clause 9.3a and b

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
maybe he needs re-installing or something :D

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules