Sponsored

Have we just been hoodwinked by Netservices?

thecaretaker

Top Member
Netservices have agreed to give V21 customers FREE internet access until their lines have been ceased, once the cease has gone ahead, customers are free to go to the ISP of their choice.

So, we have been well and truely hoodwinked into signing up with ezeedsl?

It's one thing for those whose livelyhoods depended upon an internet connection to be forced into signing up with ezeedsl by Netservices, but then to offer all ex-V21 customers free internet access until their line is ceased is like rubbing salt into a wound! Some of us really didn't have a choice!

thecaretaker

Top Member
Don't misunderstand me. I'm happy that those affected are able to stay online until the cease. But customers forced into my position by Netservices should have been given a choice from the outset or even some good will shown now by allowing customers like me to end the ezeedsl 12 month contract and also request a cease on the line.

This is very unfair on those that really didn't have any choice!

RoboJoe

Pro Member
To my mind its more like Netservices are covering themselves.
They can't have ignored all the anger thats been directed at all companies involved in this, including themselves what with many people saying they'd never use anything affiliated with Netservices again, and I could imagine this being some form of stunt to try and keep people with them or to help drive up further custom.

"We're a great network, look what we did for all these customers affected by an ISP that didnt pay their bills to us - we gave them all free internet service!"

But then I am rather cynical when it comes to things like this now.

I do feel bad for people like you who have got yourselves into a 12 month contract though, with enough complaining maybe something could be done.

thecaretaker

Top Member
I have just emailed ezeedsl on behalf of ex-v21 customers affected by this decision by Netservices. I basically used some of the text in my previous posts.

I am looking for some good will by ezeedsl. Netservices have now given all affected ex-V21 customers free internet access on their lines until a cease by BT takes place.

It's one thing for those whose livelyhoods depended upon an internet connection to be forced into signing up with ezeedsl by Netservices, but then to offer all ex-V21 customers free internet access until their line is ceased is like rubbing salt into a wound! Some of us really didn't have a choice!

Don't misunderstand me. I'm happy that those affected are able to stay online until the cease. But customers forced into my position by Netservices should have been given a choice from the outset or even some good will shown now by allowing customers like me to end the ezeedsl 12 month contract and also request a cease on the line.

This is very unfair on those that really didn't have any choice!

Now I appreciate that this action by Netservices has nothing to do with ezeedsl, but as a gesture of good will to affected V21 customers, would ezeedsl be prepared to allow the 12 month contract to be wavered and allow ex-V21 customers to move to an ISP of their choice?

I feel totally hoodwinked now by Netservices decision.

ANdyoz

Top Member
I guess I feel a bit annoyed but then again I am really losing interest in the whole thing.

As long as I get a reasonably reliable service for 12 months I'll stay with EezeDSL (don't have much choice really).

The only issue I have with them at the moment is I am sometimes exceeding my email quota if several clients send me large emails (i.e. >5Mb) over a short period. If I don't clear them off their servers quickly any subsequent emails get bounced back to clients which isn't nice.

I hope that they will rectify that when I go onto their systems fully?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
or gmail account i still have invites.

thecaretaker

Top Member
I doubt if I will get anywhere with this. I've not suceeded in getting anywhere at all to date. But taking into account that ezeedsl have yet to provide 'the service' (package) we signed up for, we are still on the original V21/Biscit connection speeds, I think contractually, we have a fair case to say that ezeedsl could honour this request. If our connections had been switched to the packages we signed up for, then fair enough I'd say our contracts had started and it was too late.

In my case, I have paid for a superior package with faster connection speed this month, but ezeedsl have yet to suppy what I signed up for.

There is always a chance! a small one, but it's worth a try.

GILLYB

Hi Caretaker,

Sitting here flabbergasted by the turn of events. Which address at Ezeedsl did you send your email to? I shall send an email myself. Don't think it will make any difference but I feel the need to 'vent my spleen'!

Grrrrr.............

thecaretaker

Top Member
I sent 4 all told.

accounts (at) ezeedsl.co.uk
support (at) ezeedsl.co.uk

I raised a ticket under the report a problem with the line under the admin panel (it has an accounts option)

and mail@ netserevices dot com (you'll find this address at the bottom of their pdf news items.

Cheers for the added support.

Can I just add this link. This unofficial forum is run by one of ezeedsl tech staff (supposedly - It could be run by the owner Dominic Marrocco for all I know lol). I've posted this information over there too.
http://186khelp.myforum.me.uk/index.php

Last edited:

ANdyoz

Top Member
Ypu might wish to get your own domain and then use that for email!
That way you are not dependent upon any isp and you normally have better quotas on your inbox's

You're dealing with a numpty here...what's involved in setting up my own domain?

ANdyoz

Top Member
Oh sod it, just sent off this email to EezDSL.

I took a bit of a harder line as what's EezeDSL's legal status seeing as though the service we signed up for has not yet begun? I assume that means we are still in the 'cooling off' period.

"I have just been informed of the latest press release from Netservices regarding continuation of ex-V21 service until ceases by BT are actioned. On that basis, I wish to cancel my account with EezeDSL.

At this stage, I have not been placed on the 2Mb Office package that I signed up for so as far as I am concerned, my “contract” with EezeDSL has not yet begun and I am still within the cooling off period. All my checks are still showing a 1Mb download speed (as originally provided by V21) and there are no upgrade orders showing on my BT line.

Please take this email as notification of my request to cancel my EezeDSL account from this date forward.

If there are any issues with this request, I shall be taking the matter further through suitable channels.

Regards"

thecaretaker

Top Member
Well done ANdyoz. Maybe I've been too nice for too long.

The real point is, had we known that netservices were to offer us free broadband internet access until the cease of our lines, I don't think any of us would have signed up to ezeedsl and tied ourselves into a 12 month contract. I'm sure legally they have just dug themselves a grave!

thecaretaker

Top Member
...likewise and the £20 they charged for the admin fee. I give them 'Free sign' up indeed! They sneaked that one in quietly. :)

I even contemplated paying the full 12 months payments this morning to get out of this mess. But that is going a bit far (12 x £29.99 = 359.88) ouch!

ANdyoz

Top Member
.I even contemplated paying the full 12 months payments this morning to get out of this mess. But that is going a bit far (12 x £29.99 = 359.88) ouch!

Look at the positives, at least their systems seem to work.

I emailed them just to stir it up a bit really. Don't care which ISP I'm with as long as they work.

twds

Pro Member
Only thing I would add is that surely if "It's one thing for those whose livelyhoods depended upon an internet connection to be forced into signing up with ezeedsl by Netservices", then you should be using a business broadband service. This may cost slightly more, but as its your livelyhood its surely worth it ?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Only thing I would add is that surely if "It's one thing for those whose livelyhoods depended upon an internet connection to be forced into signing up with ezeedsl by Netservices", then you should be using a business broadband service. This may cost slightly more, but as its your livelyhood its surely worth it ?

Most ISPs have the business package what makes you think they didn't sign up for a business package.

thecaretaker

Top Member
It was all Biscit's services supplied by Netservices that were cut (Office and Home packages). No discrimination was made between the two.

thecaretaker

Top Member
Oh sod it, just sent off this email to EezDSL.

I took a bit of a harder line as what's EezeDSL's legal status seeing as though the service we signed up for has not yet begun? I assume that means we are still in the 'cooling off' period.

"I have just been informed of the latest press release from Netservices regarding continuation of ex-V21 service until ceases by BT are actioned. On that basis, I wish to cancel my account with EezeDSL.

At this stage, I have not been placed on the 2Mb Office package that I signed up for so as far as I am concerned, my “contract” with EezeDSL has not yet begun and I am still within the cooling off period. All my checks are still showing a 1Mb download speed (as originally provided by V21) and there are no upgrade orders showing on my BT line.

Please take this email as notification of my request to cancel my EezeDSL account from this date forward.

If there are any issues with this request, I shall be taking the matter further through suitable channels.

Regards"

Would you tell me if you get a reply? I'll frame it!

I've had nothing all day. Not from Biscit who took £30 for a MAC number I never got, not from Netservices who I asked to intervene and not from ezeedsl who ignored all 3 emails about a cease.

I hate being ignored!
http://www.thecaretakers.net/ezeedsl.html#23

Ignor me at your peril Mr Marrocco. You've not met me before have you! hehehehe :D :D :D :D :D

Just ask Huge Paterson about me. He knows me well. Buddy of yours is he? hehehehe :D :D :D :D :D

ANdyoz

Top Member
Would you tell me if you get a reply? I'll frame it!

Here it is...

"Hi

Please note that you line will be being migrated via netservices to ourselves and that the line WILL be regraded as part of this process. Your contract did in fact start on the date you signed up, you do of course have the right to cancel this agreement within 7 days of signup. Please be aware that being ceased will still result in a considerable amount of downtime.

If you are within your 7 days and wish to cease please reply to this message with your ordre number and we will process this for you

Regards
Jo"

Of course, it's 8 days since I signed up...but I think they knew that when they wrote that reply don't you?

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3668)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules