Sponsored Links

Have you broken TBB's Line monitor?

I have been getting 20% higher pings on LOTRO for a few days now, so went to check my TBB monitor, and it is totally fubared.

Is this something to do with your IPv6 work? this is when it started, Sunday 2nd Feb.

Screenshot_2020-02-17 Broadband Quality Monitor thinkbroadband.jpg

That's a lot of dropped packets :) .

That's a lot of dropped packets :) .
I have since found other - non Aquiss customers, are getting this, but the only suggested fix doesnt work for me.
I have even tried deleting the monitor, waiting a few hours, and starting a fresh one - still getting 100% packet loss.
Now, this is around the time my old VDSL router died, but that shouldnt cause this should it?
I havent played with any of the advanced settings on the new one.

Sponsored Links
Hi Captain,

Nope, our recent IPv6 work was not carried out on broadband circuits (that was completed a few years back) but focus was on some staff systems and web hosting servers.

As @ManOfMeans said, have you checked ICMP?

Now, this is around the time my old VDSL router died, but that shouldnt cause this should it?
I havent played with any of the advanced settings on the new one.

It is very likely that a new router has ICMP disabled by default as most home users don't want that enabled by default, god knows why I am quite a fan of ICMP being enabled.

god knows why I am quite a fan of ICMP being enabled.

To be honest, I'm personally the same. Knowing something is up and responding, you can't really beat a simple icmp reply. However, as you say, the default position for most routers these days is to block replies.

We are clearly both old school MoM :p

Sponsored Links
Glad I have SmokePing setup :)
Very easy to setup with Docker if you have a server laying around, either locally, or remotely as long as you have ICMP enabled for your network.

Thank you for the replies; I will have a dig around over the weekend and see what's what.
Meantime, while paying with Win10, I appear to have broken Win7 boot on my laptop; the disk is fine, I have checked it, but it fails boot, even Safe Mode.

Very strange, I swapped in a new SSD, and swapped out the Win7 HDD to give Win10 a try. So no Win10 files have touched the Win7 disk.
(Slow week at the toy shop).

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules