Sponsored Links

HD+ Calling on Three?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Hi everyone, I've only just noticed that whenever I make a call to someone else who is also on 3 or an MVNO of 3 (SMARTY, iD, Superdrug etc) I get HD+ on my status bar instead of normal HD calling. The call quality of these HD+ Calls is incredible. It only seems to be for higher end phones tho (The galaxy S, note and fold/flip lines, any iPhone above the 11 (including SE2 and SE3). It also seems to work with oneplus devices, but I'm not sure which specified ones. Lower end devices don't seem to work with this HD+ feature, such as the galaxy A line or Xiaomi devices.

This isn't really a question, just a quick little neat feature I noticed. Enjoy your day :)

Hi everyone, I've only just noticed that whenever I make a call to someone else who is also on 3 or an MVNO of 3 (SMARTY, iD, Superdrug etc) I get HD+ on my status bar instead of normal HD calling. The call quality of these HD+ Calls is incredible. It only seems to be for higher end phones tho (The galaxy S, note and fold/flip lines, any iPhone above the 11 (including SE2 and SE3). It also seems to work with oneplus devices, but I'm not sure which specified ones. Lower end devices don't seem to work with this HD+ feature, such as the galaxy A line or Xiaomi devices.

This isn't really a question, just a quick little neat feature I noticed. Enjoy your day :)
Oh no, so now I have to bin my trusty old cheapy Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite bubbles?

I hate missing out on these wee things.

Thanks for your enlightenment though. (y)

Oh no, so now I have to bin my trusty old cheapy Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite bubbles?

I hate missing out on these wee things.

Thanks for your enlightenment though. (y)
come join me with an S20+, they are very well priced refurbed on eBay (where I got mine - ~£360)

Sponsored Links
I've been looking at mobiles recently and I quite fancied the Moto G200 5G for some strange reason.

A lot of the cheaper brands dont seem to support band 28 or 32 and we cant have that. :rolleyes:

Decisions Decisions.

How's the camera on the S20+?
Also, Samsung used to bundle a lot of bloatware in their ROMs, is that still the case?
The camera is amazing, it's got some really neat features that work really well. The portrait feature is nice on the rear camera cos of the ToF sensor, and the images come out really nice.

The ROM side of things. Mine came with barely any bloatware but alas, it was EE branded since it was a refurb. I flashed it with the standard UK ROM as soon as I realised it was EE ROM, and there was barely any bloatware. I removed Samsung internet, pay and their free app but apart from that I use most of the others (Wear for my buds2 and health for my galaxy watch).

Just realized I didn't say....the EE ROM had lots of EE branded apps as standard like My EE, BT Sport, EE broadband and some of things. Flashing got rid of these

I've been looking at mobiles recently and I quite fancied the Moto G200 5G for some strange reason.

A lot of the cheaper brands dont seem to support band 28 or 32 and we cant have that. :rolleyes:

Decisions Decisions.
Funnily enough, I was looking at that very phone the other day, its got very nice specs for the price. The main features being the SD 888+, and the very powerful modem this also bundles.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Here's where I saw the Moto G200 5G, guys.

I must admit I haven't heard of them before but the price seems to be good, maybe too good.

The phone I don't want

Any opinions folks? :unsure:

Here's where I saw the Moto G200 5G, guys.

I must admit I haven't heard of them before but the price seems to be good, maybe too good.

The phone I don't want

Any opinions folks? :unsure:
Hope you don't have to pay customs on top of that..
Here's another site offering it at a similar price:

Yeah I saw that site too thanks Lucian, just always very wary about these 'non standard' UK sites, as you say customs charges perhaps as well.

Sponsored Links
ooo nice. I tried it, wifey has a Pixel and I have a Samsung A52s.

No HD :(

VoWiFi is very flaky for me on three too, I've had several garbled calls now. I used to moan at Asus for not supporting it on the ROG Phone 3 (in the UK) but i'm beginning to think it's not worth the fuss.

You'd think it would already be in the UK, as when I first saw it, it was before 6pm for next day delivery.

ooo nice. I tried it, wifey has a Pixel and I have a Samsung A52s.

No HD :(

VoWiFi is very flaky for me on three too, I've had several garbled calls now. I used to moan at Asus for not supporting it on the ROG Phone 3 (in the UK) but i'm beginning to think it's not worth the fuss.
Yes I've had a lot of garbled calls on WoWiFi too dabigm, just turned it off now.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules