Sponsored Links

Help finding any decent/affordable graphics card!

I've been spending too much time on eBay and sites like Scan etc. the last couple of weeks, know exactly where you're coming from.

I found that Aria would sometimes have some 1050ti or 1650 cards on for not too ridiculous prices, I would check it every now and then during the day:

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/NVIDIA+GeForce

In the end though I would check the product pages for 16xx, 2xxx and 3xxx series Nvidia cards on Scan regularly (just hit refresh now and then) and I managed to get an RTX 2060 the other day when some appeared (very briefly). Pure luck TBH - although have to say they were priced above RRP (£347 for Palit RTX 2060 StormX). Sort of panicked a bit seeing that 15 other people were buying at the same time and went for it anyway! Little bit of buyer's remorse but it will soon fade.

That does mean that my Palit 1050ti StormX 4GB is now surplus, it is crazy to see that they are going on eBay now second hand for more than I paid for it in 2018 :oops:

Somehow I'd feel guilty doing that though, feels like people are desperate. But if I put it on at a reasonable price (i.e. what it would be worth if things hadn't gone bananas), there's no guarantee a scalper won't buy it and re-sell it for twice the amount.

CEX are currently selling your Palit 1050ti StormX 4GB for £185 second hand dude. How crazy is that for a 2016 card?

CEX are currently selling your Palit 1050ti StormX 4GB for £185 second hand dude. How crazy is that for a 2016 card?
o_O
I really wish I had someone local or in the family etc. I could sell it on to at a reasonable price. I've sold low-value stuff on eBay before but have been reading horror stories of rogue buyers exploiting eBays "buyer protection" policies, and sellers losing both the money and the item ("must have got lost in the post when I returned it...").

Plus as said it just feels a bit wrong to make a profit on a 5 year old card?!

I wouldn't trust Ebay either, having recently experienced some arbitrage myself. Its a thing happening a lot currently and seems to be helped by the likes of Amazon FBA accounts or people misusing Prime. Neither Ebay or Amazon are bothered, because it makes them money even if its unscrupulous.

I have been using GTX 1060 4gb for a long time and have not found any flaws. Therefore, I recommend buying!

Well, it's now May 6th and I'm still yet to replace my graphics card. After much investigation there seems little point bothering at the moment. There is absolutely nothing available in the £200 price bracket that isn't 5 years old.

So for my occasional gaming needs I've gone and renewed Xbox gamepass for another year. £29 seems a good deal to me!

Sponsored Links
I see the latest Intel lines have now shot up in price and basically unavailable.

The market for building PC's has been strangled, but the pre-built market don't seem to be affected.... funny that :)
The strangling effect is hitting the pre-built market now because greedy scalpers are now buying up new systems for £1000 and stripping them down for parts, making 50%+ and rinse and repeat.

Its just rubbish in the graphics card sector, there is no new mid-range cards from either vendor even available currently, it's like they've given up and solely relied on the last generations old stock which is now completely gone.

First of June and the situation with graphics cards is continuing its downward spiral, its not uncommon to see second hand cards at 3 times their launch RRP, even if they're 4 years old now.

There is absolutely nothing new in the budget/gaming card sector now which is good value.

A second hand 2017 - 8gb RX580 or 2019 6gb GTX1660 hover around £230-250 today, which isn't exactly going to futureproof any new PC is it!

Sponsored Links
Good to see, and the prices are starting to fall. Only issue is now we're waiting for them to get all the stock the vendors have on order. Until then they're hanging onto their pipe-dreams of selling the cards they have at ludicrous prices.

(like the peak greed scalpers "CCL computers" last week trying to palm off the Palit RTX 3080 Ti GameRock OC, for the laughable sum of £3,600)

2 months down the line, still looking for something to fit the bill. Can't see 2021 graphics card availability improving at all!

Visited my local PC World today, 10 pc's on shelves in store (the rest cardboard displays) and zero graphics cards on sale, not one!

Last edited:
2 months down the line, still looking for something to fit the bill. Can't see 2021 graphics card availability improving at all!

Visited my local PC World today, 10 pc's on shelves in store (the rest cardboard displays) and zero graphics cards on sale, not one!
MY friend runs a PC Shop in Ayr, he had stock last time I checked for collection or delivery - Kustom PCs.

His prices are comparable to other online shops.

Thanks Jez, unfortunately I'm looking for anything in the £200 price bracket, your friends shop has a £75 card and the next is over £400. I couldn't possibly comment on his rx card prices either :/

@Buggerlugz

We have been told 6months at the earliest for chip supply to get better, and also a lot of stock is waiting to leave Asia...

I have just had a look in the Distribution channel and their are some but the price at these are £330 inc VAT, and up and then the retailer puts their margin on as well

Scan have some 1650's at under £200

This is the entire stock for GTX 1650's at the distributors thats they all use

1626534999106.png

Thanks for that, I was considering a 1660s but they're ludicrously overpriced currently. The RX580 is around 25% faster than a 1650, so am still hunting a new 580 in stock anywhere.

Thanks for that, I was considering a 1660s but they're ludicrously overpriced currently. The RX580 is around 25% faster than a 1650, so am still hunting a new 580 in stock anywhere.
Good Luck, I haven't seen many in stock, the only ones ive seen are as you say overpriced.. :(

Issue is its a 4year old card

If I see any ill pop it in here

Surprisingly the enterprise GPU's are in stock, as we have no problems getting the ones we buy but they are around £1K a shot....

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules