Sponsored Links

help with three 5g broadband

andykiddo

hey guys had to move house and unexpectedly there are no high speed internet services in my area so iv had to shop about and the best i can get and have signed up for is the three 5g wireless broadband, which on paper looks decent and iv not had too many issues as yet but the ones i am having can be a headache.

so i do a lot of gaming primarily xbox and i get a speed of around 190mbs download and about 40 mbs upload which isnt too shabby at all.

however it does fluctuate between 50 - 90 ping currently sat idle at 64ms latency which again is ok not perfect but is what it is .

the issue thats causing me most problems is the NAT type its set to moderate and upnp says not successful.

Being new to this mobile style of broadband im not sure if there is somethign i can do to fix it as it does cause me party chat disconnects quite often and sometimes game disconnects.

hey guys had to move house and unexpectedly there are no high speed internet services in my area so iv had to shop about and the best i can get and have signed up for is the three 5g wireless broadband, which on paper looks decent and iv not had too many issues as yet but the ones i am having can be a headache.

so i do a lot of gaming primarily xbox and i get a speed of around 190mbs download and about 40 mbs upload which isnt too shabby at all.

however it does fluctuate between 50 - 90 ping currently sat idle at 64ms latency which again is ok not perfect but is what it is .

the issue thats causing me most problems is the NAT type its set to moderate and upnp says not successful.

Being new to this mobile style of broadband im not sure if there is somethign i can do to fix it as it does cause me party chat disconnects quite often and sometimes game disconnects.
UPNP can be turned on via the routers settings page.

Sponsored Links
Do tell what router you've got too.
What kind of reception you're getting
What bands you're connecting on
An antenna might help speed things up for you
How many masts you've got around you

If you can play on another network (friends phone hotspots) chose another provider if none of the above could be tweaked for your needs

same boat as you my friend, vanguard/warzone ping is 60+100 , regular packet loss. 5g wifi from three

Sponsored Links
Do tell what router you've got too.
What kind of reception you're getting
What bands you're connecting on
An antenna might help speed things up for you
How many masts you've got around you

If you can play on another network (friends phone hotspots) chose another provider if none of the above could be tweaked for your needs
cpe pro 2

reception is great normally, bands dont matter

apparently three do CG-NAT and theres no way to work around it and thats the main issue

cpe pro 2

reception is great normally, bands dont matter

apparently three do CG-NAT and theres no way to work around it and thats the main issue
Screenshot_20211229-163430_Edge.jpg

Check your apn is set to 3internet rather than three.co.uk 360jones.
That might help, if your router isn't locked down by three and you can change it if it's set to three.co.uk.

3internet gives you a unique IPV4 address, it may change to another periodically but it will always be unique and not shared.

View attachment 1939
Check your apn is set to 3internet rather than three.co.uk 360jones.
That might help, if your router isn't locked down by three and you can change it if it's set to three.co.uk.
Did try this buddy nat changed to moderate but ping in online gaming became very very high loads of spikes and lag. speeds didnt change still getting 220-250mbps. is there anything else you can recommend

Sponsored Links
Did try this buddy nat changed to moderate but ping in online gaming became very very high loads of spikes and lag. speeds didnt change still getting 220-250mbps. is there anything else you can recommend
Think it seems to be pot luck where you are with three unfortunately 360jones, I don't have 5G but my pings are always in the 30's not sure what else to suggest, hopefully someone can chip in with a suggestion for you.

Not a whole lot you can do about ping. It's a function of it being a 4G router, the load on the mast/backhaul network all kinds of factors. Upgrading to 5G will give you a better ping, providing of course you're in a good 5G signal area. My 4G ping is ~ 35/40ms to speed test servers, but ~15ms on 5G.

You could try putting the xbox into the DMZ too see if it improves things. Find the IP of the xbox from the settings menu on the xbox, then plug that number into the Huawei modem's DMZ mode.

Sponsored Links
i had this problem with nintendo switch. was with 3 broadband in a bought myself huawei 5g cpe pro. was working perfect contract came up moved the sim to smarty endless problems. smarty kept saying nothing wrong but the only thing that changed was from 3 to smarty. moved back to 3 all working again. smarty kept saying it was the apn at fault but wasnt the case. lad couldnt play nintendo titles eg smash bros without dropping out. nintendo suggested port forwarding as the answer. but with the smarty sim it would not even connect via mobile hotspot from phone using smarty. all perfect now

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules