Sponsored Links

Hey! Broadband now selling gigabit broadband in Hemel Hempstead

batch

just got a leaflet through the post from Hey! Broadband to say that residents and businesses can get gigabit internet in Hemel.

250Mb for £35 p/m
1Gb for £40 p/m

You can get one month free if you order by 31st of March
IMG_2021-02-21-14-25-59-165.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2021-02-21-14-25-47-358.jpg
    IMG_2021-02-21-14-25-47-358.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 189
I guess that's also one of the F&W Networks build areas, which supplies Hey!. They did announce an expansion but haven't named any locations yet. I'll give them a prod and see what we can find out.

Openreach are also targeting the area:

I've got F&W coming to install my Hey!Broadband service early next week. Quite excited. Happy to share details of how it went if required.

Sponsored Links
Apparently H!B are partnering with ToTheMoon mobile which i find interesting - not seen a broadband company partner with an MVNO before.

@Mark.J and gang, is there a site that centralises the coverage for all these smaller companies so I can check my post code?

Thinkbroadband does some of them, but by no means all. Part of the problem is getting the network operators to share that data. Some will, some won't.

Sponsored Links
They do, but they don't always want rivals to find them before they've had a chance to finish a build.

My Hey!Broadband service was installed this morning. Went well, very accommodating installers (who I believe are a 3rd party contractor).

Took the time to listen when I explained I‘m a bit precious about neat and tidy cabling on the outside of my house and did a good tidy job. Took about 2hrs.

The router they provide is a managed very locked down TP-Link Archer router but they have no problem enabling Bridge mode so that you can use your own kit (I love Draytek Routers personally).

940Mb up & down.

Very pleased so far.

Sponsored Links
@ADW Any chance of a few photo of the installation? I am particularly interested the incoming connection, ONT connection and router.

Sure @UKHAN - there's no ONT. Just a box on the wall where the presented fibre terminates and then a fibre extension cable runs from the box to the supplied Router's PON port.

I have the Router in Bridge mode and I run a cable to the WAN port on my Draytek.

Here's 3 photos:

Sure @UKHAN - there's no ONT. Just a box on the wall where the presented fibre terminates and then a fibre extension cable runs from the box to the supplied Router's PON port.

I have the Router in Bridge mode and I run a cable to the WAN port on my Draytek.

Here's 3 photos:

@ADW that's fantastic I really appreciate it. I'm looking to renovate my house and the 'Comms' room is central to the house so wanted to make sufficient provision for it. Any chance of seeing what's under the box flap and also what the green termination look like? I'm also toying with the idea of building my own pfsense router which i hope to connect directly to the green fibre extension cable.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules